Customising the installation screens

News and discussion about development of the Debian OS itself

Customising the installation screens

Postby austinium » 2010-03-04 15:27

hi,

i've been using Debian for quite some time now, been playing with it and learning as i go. i would like to change the installation screens(locale,keyboard,partitioning etc). By change i mean i would like to replace the existing screens with my own. i googled it and i found that the Debian-installer uses GTK for the screens.iam just starting off with this and i must admit this is the toughest tweak i've attempted...it would be great if someone could point me to some helpful links on this.any guidance would be gr8 :)

thanks in advance
austin
austinium

Re: Customising the installation screens

Postby dbbolton » 2010-03-04 16:32

austinium wrote:hi,

i've been using Debian for quite some time now, been playing with it and learning as i go. i would like to change the installation screens(locale,keyboard,partitioning etc). By change i mean i would like to replace the existing screens with my own. i googled it and i found that the Debian-installer uses GTK for the screens.iam just starting off with this and i must admit this is the toughest tweak i've attempted...it would be great if someone could point me to some helpful links on this.any guidance would be gr8 :)

thanks in advance
austin

My suggestion: search for a gtkrc file on the cd.

e.g.
Code: Select all
 find /media/cdrom0 -name '*gtkrc*'
GitHub | zsh docs in Letter PDF

Telemachus wrote:Put down the CGI.
dbbolton

Return to Debian Development