Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

flashplayer for 64 bit

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
jheaton5

Re: flashplayer for 64 bit

#16 Post by jheaton5 »

Raffles10 wrote:
Job wrote:Can you try playing a video from http://www.nhl.com and let me know if it works for you? I will try your repos although I don't believe that's my problem.
Cheers.
It plays for me, although I had to turn off Adblock Plus to get the page to load. Are you blocking ads ?
it plays for me.
debian sid

Job

#17 Post by Job »

jheaton5 wrote:
Raffles10 wrote:
Job wrote:Can you try playing a video from http://www.nhl.com and let me know if it works for you? I will try your repos although I don't believe that's my problem.
Cheers.
It plays for me, although I had to turn off Adblock Plus to get the page to load. Are you blocking ads ?
it plays for me.
I don't know, the issue could be my box although my box is pretty new about four years old only with great spec. The 64 bit installation was pretty new but after trying several things like uninstalling ad-ons ie adblock jheaton mentioned above and no-script, flashplugin still did not work for me. I did another clean installation of 64 bit and before doing anything I added the contrib repos and subsequently installed flashplugin it was still a no go for me. So at the end, I installed 32 bit on a 64 bit machine, from there flashplugin is working. I may have lost some performance but I rather have a reliable machine than one that can't do what expect from it.

The flashplugin on 64 bit only worked on bbc and youtube for me. Anywhere else it did not. My guts feeling is the plugin is still in beta version as I read and it will get better.

Cheers.
#aptitude install life
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Debian 12 - FreeBSD

Job

#18 Post by Job »

emariz wrote:
Job wrote:I just removed and reinstalled flashplugin-nonfree. My iceweasel still closes if I direct it to nhl.com. Could it be that I screwed up my installation along the line?
You must purge all Flash-related packages and ensure that the plug-ins are indeed removed (inspect the directories and about:plugins in Iceweasel), then install flashplugin-nonfree.
Oh!, and I can watch UEFA's and NHL's videos without problems. That Bergeron's save was amazing, mate!
You lucky dude!!! :wink: I was trying to get into the celebration all last Saturday before kick off of the UCL final it was not good for me. Had to borrow the wife's windows machine :roll: .
#aptitude install life
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Debian 12 - FreeBSD

Hadret

#19 Post by Hadret »

emariz wrote:Oh!, and I can watch UEFA's [...]
Where? :o