Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

using apt command line option to clear a list

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
jayen

using apt command line option to clear a list

#1 Post by jayen »

I can see in the apt.conf manpage that #clear is used to clear a list, but I can't figure out the syntax to use this from the command line. I've tried:

Code: Select all

$ apt-config -o 'DPkg::Post-Invoke=#clear' dump
DPkg::Post-Invoke "#clear";
DPkg::Post-Invoke:: "if [ -d /var/lib/update-notifier ]; then touch /var/lib/update-notifier/dpkg-run-stamp; fi; if [ -e /var/lib/update-notifier/updates-available ]; then echo > /var/lib/update-notifier/updates-available; fi ";

$ apt-config -o 'DPkg::Post-Invoke#clear' dump
E: Option DPkg::Post-Invoke#clear: Configuration item specification must have an =<val>.

$ apt-config -o 'DPkg::Post-Invoke::=#clear' dump
DPkg::Post-Invoke "";
DPkg::Post-Invoke:: "if [ -d /var/lib/update-notifier ]; then touch /var/lib/update-notifier/dpkg-run-stamp; fi; if [ -e /var/lib/update-notifier/updates-available ]; then echo > /var/lib/update-notifier/updates-available; fi ";
DPkg::Post-Invoke:: "#clear";

$ apt-config -o 'DPkg { Post-Invoke { #clear } }' dump
E: Option DPkg { Post-Invoke { #clear } }: Configuration item specification must have an =<val>.
Any ideas?
Thanks.