Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

where is linux-kbuild?

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
microcris

where is linux-kbuild?

#1 Post by microcris »

Hi there :)

I used to follow the manual (listed below) to build kbuild but now there is no more linux-kbuild svn :(

Code: Select all

How to build linux-kbuild-2.6 yourself
NOTE: The instructions which follow are implemented by the attached shell script - build-linux-kbuild.sh - edit it to suit your needs (e.g., change VERSION to your kernel version).

Checkout the source from SVN repository:

svn co svn://svn.debian.org/kernel/dists/trunk/linux-kbuild-2.6
Then, download the vanilla kernel tarball (important: the 2.6.x version, no 2.6.x.y version):

VERSION="2.6.35"
wget http://ftp.de.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-${VERSION}.tar.bz2
Now, you prepare the Debian package:

cd linux-kbuild-2.6
./debian/bin/genorig.py ../linux-${VERSION}.tar.bz2
cd ..
tar -xzf orig/linux-kbuild-2.6_${VERSION}.orig.tar.gz
cd linux-kbuild-2.6-${VERSION}
cp -a ../linux-kbuild-2.6/* ./
./debian/bin/gencontrol.py
NOTE: Optionally, you have to change Debian-version in debian/changelog if $VERSION of Linux-kernel is higher, think of 2.6.35 (latest version in linux-kbuild-2.6 SVN-branch) is smaller than 2.6.36-rcX (version of tarball), otherwise the genorig.py line fails.

Finally, adjust the Debian version and add comments like "Non-maintainer upload" plus "New upstream version" via dch command. Last but not least, build the package itself after you installed eventually missing build-dependencies:

dch -i
make -f debian/rules clean
dpkg-checkbuilddeps
cp -av ../orig/linux-kbuild-2.6_${VERSION}.orig.tar.gz ../ <--- Necessary to get a diff file.
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc (or debuild)
and you are done.
Anyone knows where can I find linux-kbuild-2.6?

Thanks in advance :)

Pick2

Re: where is linux-kbuild?

#2 Post by Pick2 »

microcris

#3 Post by microcris »

Yup, it seems that was the reason for the missing kbuild svn

"All developer git trees have been removed from git.kernel.org and will be added back as the relevant developers regain access to the system."

But still, I don't understand why there is a linux-image-3.1.0-rc7-amd64, linux-headers-3.1.0-rc7-amd64 and linux-headers-3.1.0-rc7-common but there is no linux-kbuild-3.1.0-rc7.
If the build those 3 packages, I think they also can build the kbuild package :P

thanks for the link Pick2 :)

Lisa098

#4 Post by Lisa098 »

As of this morning, linux-kbuild is now in Warren's repo, so that's sorted.
Sgfxi should work properly in M11a2 now.