Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

NOTICE: Upcoming end-of-life for Debian oldstable (Lenny)

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
pcalvert

NOTICE: Upcoming end-of-life for Debian oldstable (Lenny)

#1 Post by pcalvert »

Just thought I'd post this notice in case there are people here still running Lenny who haven't seen it.

[SECURITY] [DSA 2360-1] Two month advance notification for upcoming end-of-life for Debian oldstable

Phil

P.S. If an admin or moderator wants to move this, the "News & Announcements" section might be a better place for it.

vbrummond

Re: NOTICE: Upcoming end-of-life for Debian oldstable (Lenny

#2 Post by vbrummond »

It was a great Os. I am running Lenny in a vm so I should probably get all the security upgrades soon. :)
Always on Debian Testing

dasein

#3 Post by dasein »

vbrummond wrote:It was a great Os.
+1

Lenny was my first introduction to Debian, and I still remember my first encounter with it.

vbrummond

#4 Post by vbrummond »

I remember installing it and noticing my system load was 0.00 (I was used to Ubuntu using like 0.80 when idle). I also had to ask how to change permissions of files on the command line. I was a noob back then. :) I think the day I decided I like Debian but I am so used to the Ubuntu community was to be a horrible waste of the next few years. Well better late than never.
Always on Debian Testing

uua80

#5 Post by uua80 »

Damn, Lenny will be missed. Great OS, very first intro to Debian for me.

Anyone still running etch? I think I've got in on an external hdd around here somewhere...
Debian is Linux.

Tadeas

#6 Post by Tadeas »

uua80 wrote:Anyone still running etch? I think I've got in on an external hdd around here somewhere...
Yes, we have several Etch servers running at work :-) . There was no reason to upgrade yet. On the other hand we have servers that run Squeeze and we have problems with some outdated packages :-) .
Because let’s face it, the unfortunate aspect of software development is that it involves humans. Mewling, disorganized, miserably analog humans. Sometimes they smell bad.