Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Where should I report this UI Bug? Dvorak keyboards variant

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
jarofgreen

Where should I report this UI Bug? Dvorak keyboards variant

#1 Post by jarofgreen »

Dvorak keyboard layout: there are many different variants of this. For instance the UK and US have different variants.

If you try to add a Dvorak keyboard in the new Gnome (Debian Testing) you see this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18151928/Dvorak-UI-Problem.png

It's impossible to tell which variant of Dovark is which.

In fact, the only way to tell is to use the preview button to check each layout by hand. Fun Fun.

So, where should I report this bug? Under which package, etc?

Thanks,
James

secipolla

Re: Where should I report this UI Bug? Dvorak keyboards vari

#2 Post by secipolla »

In Xfce there isn't this sort of thing (we select the language first and then its variants, which include a variety of Dvorak layouts). So it's something to do with GNOME, I suppose.
Try posting in GNOME's list (not the Debian one but the upstream one) then you can be sure it isn't something from Debian specifically and if it's so then report the bug upstream.