Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Debian Sid] Version (and Security) Bumps

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
FrostySnowman

[Debian Sid] Version (and Security) Bumps

#1 Post by FrostySnowman »

Hey! :)

I've discovered an important update (Mozilla Thunderbird aKa icedove) because it fixes some critical security holes. Furthermore I've discovered some packages, that should be bumped to their latest version (Fixes some exploits / new features).

Important Updates:

[Thunderbird aKa Icedove] - http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/ - Version 10.0
[jre 7u2] - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... index.html - Performance Improvements - Version 7u2
[dhcp] - ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/dhcp/4.2.3-P2/dhc ... -P2.tar.gz - DHCP 4.2.3-P2 is a production release of ISC DHCP. It contains fixes to correct the possible denial of service condition described in CVE-2011-4868.

Some Updates (Not so important, but if a maintainer is going to bump them, it would be nice to see ;-) e.g. new features):

[gimp - 2.6.12] - ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v2.6/gimp-2.6.12.tar.bz2
[gtk+ 3.2.3] - ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/g ... 2.3.tar.xz
[full kde package v 4.8] - Up to date version of kde has many performance improvements and some eye candy! <3
[mysql 5.5.20] - fixes some security holes
[Python 3.2.2] - Performance improvements
[qt 4.8.0] - Depency of kde-desktop v4.8
[xorg-server 1.11.4] - just a version bump
[wayland v1.0] - Wayland is going to look for some tester. :) Maybe Wayland is going to replace X.org soon

I hope, that this is the correct place for my wishlist and some Debian Devs are going to read it! :)

Kindly Regards,

Frosty

llivv

Re: [Debian Sid] Version (and Security) Bumps

#2 Post by llivv »

[quote="FrostySnowman"
[xorg-server 1.11.4] - just a version bump
[wayland v1.0] - Wayland is going to look for some tester. :) Maybe Wayland is going to replace X.org soon
Frosty[/quote]
Who's emptying the Trash?
In memory of Ian Ashley Murdock (1973 - 2015) founder of the Debian project.