Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Problems in Debian package creation for python script

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
pavankulkarni

Problems in Debian package creation for python script

#1 Post by pavankulkarni »

Hi,

I am a newbie to debian, I am trying to build a package for a python script, i.e. the content of the package will be the python script.

My requirements are.

1) Build the package of python script on OBS
2) When we install the package the script should be placed in "/usr/sbin"
3) When we install the package, it should execute "sourcepython -setup" command
4) when we uninstall the package, before removing the script from the "/usr/sbin" it should execute "sourcepython -uninstall"
5) Now remove the script from "/usr/sbin"

Now I am able to build the package on standalone system w/o any setup or ununstall commands. I tried the same file on OBS,
The package is getting build successfully, but is empty, i.e. it doesn't contain the script.

I need some guidance on, how to build on OBS and also how to execute the post installation commands and pre uninstallation commands from pakcaging.

Thanks in advance,

Regards
Pavan