Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to add users

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
nirupama

How to add users

#1 Post by nirupama »

hello all

I want to add users in my debian distro.I know that we can either use adduser or useradd to create users.But I want to add user and that should be visible as an icon as I logout and login.As you might be knowing about the lsb packages.when we just install the packages related to lsb it automatically adds users like vsx0,1,2 in the list.So when I logout and login I can see the user icons.

may I know how can I do that.Do I need to modify the configuration file.If yes How can I do that?I sit something dealing with /etc/adduser.cfg.

awaiting for reply

regards

Nirupama

ajdlinux

#2 Post by ajdlinux »

Just use adduser. On my system with KDM at least it automatically displayed it (as long as it's not a system user.)
Jabber: xmpp:ajdlinux@jabber.org.au
Spammers, email this: ajdspambucket@exemail.com.au