Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Xfce Backports?

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
Magnusmaster

Re: Xfce Backports?

#21 Post by Magnusmaster »

Which panel applets have issues in 4.10? The maintainer said that 4.10 won't be in unstable until after the freeze, so I'm thinking about installing 4.10 from experimental.

elav

#22 Post by elav »

Magnusmaster wrote:Which panel applets have issues in 4.10? The maintainer said that 4.10 won't be in unstable until after the freeze, so I'm thinking about installing 4.10 from experimental.
xfce4-places-plugin
xfce4-clipman-plugin
url: blog.desdelinux.net

gradinaruvasile

#23 Post by gradinaruvasile »

If i remember correctly no panel plugins except the built in ones were working when 4.10 arrived in experimental.
I compiled those plugins from source and they work.

I had absolutely no issues with Xfce 4.10 and i use it even before it got in experimental (i compiled from source the whole thing back then). Stable as a rock.

sportscrazed2

#24 Post by sportscrazed2 »

The only real feature change I saw in 4.10 was the ability for tiling in xfwm4. I just installed xfwm4 from an experimental repo on wheezy and everything seems fine. Other than that the difference appears minor imo. And I used arch with 4.10 for the last few months before wanting something a little less cutting edge. I can't really see any major differences.

gradinaruvasile

#25 Post by gradinaruvasile »

Xfce 4.10 changes:
http://xfce.org/about/tour

There is a mime editor, finally there are thumbnails on the desktop, mouse and touchpad settings etc. Also there are many bugfixes.

sportscrazed2

#26 Post by sportscrazed2 »

Never even heard of a mime editor until just now :wink: , thumbnails on the desktop are nice but i personally don't use any desktop icons, and bug fixes are nice but i haven't noticed any bugs yet :wink:. All in all I'm quite happy with 4.8 and a manually upgraded xfwm4. But others might not be to each their own. Just saying that I don't anything from 4.10. But it's a huge improvement over 4.6 imo which wouldn't even let me put a panel on my secondary monitor