Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian vs. UEFI Secure Boot

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
hkoster1

Re: Debian vs. UEFI Secure Boot

#16 Post by hkoster1 »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote: The OP is somewhat dated and misleading -- the ability to disable Secure Boot is part of the UEFI specification and it is perfectly possible to create your own Secure Boot keys and signed bootloaeder & kernel image so there is no need to rely on either the shim project or Microsoft's licence fee.
Isn't that exactly what I've been saying in my OP (2nd paragraph)? The OP is certainly dated, but misleading? Go rinse your mouth with soap... :)
Real Debian users don't do chat...

Head_on_a_Stick

#17 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

hkoster1 wrote:
Head_on_a_Stick wrote: The OP is somewhat dated and misleading -- the ability to disable Secure Boot is part of the UEFI specification and it is perfectly possible to create your own Secure Boot keys and signed bootloaeder & kernel image so there is no need to rely on either the shim project or Microsoft's licence fee.
Isn't that exactly what I've been saying in my OP (2nd paragraph)? The OP is certainly dated, but misleading? Go rinse your mouth with soap... :)
My apologies.
:oops:
deadbang

hkoster1

#18 Post by hkoster1 »

No sweat. BTW, you did well to draw attention to http://www.rodsbooks.com, a fine resource for this type of topic, e.g. the rEFInd boot manager.
Real Debian users don't do chat...

G-Known

#19 Post by G-Known »

Does Debian Jessie support secure boot in a way that users can install the OS like normal?
Debian Jessie
Asus Zenbook UX305FA-ASM1
Intel Core M 5Y10; Intel HD Graphics 5300

マーズ maazu

#20 Post by マーズ maazu »

G-Known wrote:Does Debian Jessie support secure boot in a way that users can install the OS like normal?
No. You must switch off Secure Boot in order for her to boot.