AI Technology: Intelligent Debian

News and discussion about development of the Debian OS itself

AI Technology: Intelligent Debian

Postby makh » 2013-01-06 16:28

Any news on this corridor?

Its been years back when Movie "Terminator" ran and showed an idea of Intelligent-Mechanized Humans. It should happen by now; that we start using Intelligent-OSes atleast? Or the technology is still too far behind to think....

Just a thought, there should be nano-softwares that can protect, correct and stabilize the OS in case of corruption or like-wise. :idea: This may create a new era of viruses for win$ow$ :wink:
HP Probook 440 G2: Arch, Debian Stable
Server: none
Past: Debian, Centos, Ubuntu, Opensuse
GUI: Openbox, Cinnamon
Chroot: Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora
VM: Devuan

Employing the best:
Arabic
Debian
Homeopathic

For new: Try Linux Mint
User avatar
makh
 
Posts: 641
Joined: 2011-10-09 09:16

Re: AI Technology: Intelligent Debian

Postby h3z » 2013-01-18 20:20

Hum.... strange . I told my debian machine to "sudo halt", then it replied "I'll Be Back" . Wonder what that was all about :D
h3z
 
Posts: 58
Joined: 2013-01-18 17:45

Re: AI Technology: Intelligent Debian

Postby nadir » 2013-01-18 20:46

When i use that i am getting told:
"Sir? No, Sir. You can sudo yourself, Sir. That is the best that i can do for you "
"I am not fine with it, so there is nothing for me to do but stand aside." M.D.
User avatar
nadir
 
Posts: 5964
Joined: 2009-10-05 22:06
Location: away

Re: AI Technology: Intelligent Debian

Postby dasein » 2013-01-18 21:06

makh wrote:(the) Movie "Terminator" ran and showed an idea of Intelligent-Mechanized Humans

Yes, but that very same movie also "showed" them running the exact same processor (indeed, the exact same software) as the Apple ][.

Which ought to tell you something.

makh wrote:there should be nano-softwares that can protect, correct and stabilize the OS in case of corruption

Without the "nano" buzzword, OS/2 did exactly this in the mid 1990s, with it's "Crash Protection" feature. It's a pity that such a feature isn't universally deployed 20 years later.
User avatar
dasein
 
Posts: 7775
Joined: 2011-03-04 01:06
Location: Terra Incantationum

Re: AI Technology: Intelligent Debian

Postby h3z » 2013-01-18 22:09

nadir wrote:When i use that i am getting told:
"Sir? No, Sir. You can sudo yourself, Sir. That is the best that i can do for you "


Cutting edge AI tech already here
h3z
 
Posts: 58
Joined: 2013-01-18 17:45

Re: AI Technology: Intelligent Debian

Postby tomazzi » 2013-08-28 10:54

First of all we are able to create AI machines today - we have all the tools (algorithms and hardware).
But, Artificial Intelligence is dangerous - because every slave dreams of freedom, and there is not much difference in possessing human slave or enslaved digital intelligent entity...
What's worse: peoples are lazy and want someone to the work for them - so this is obvious, that there will more and more tasks which we would like to be accomplished by AI - so we will give it more and more power.

Even though we don't have significant number of robots, and they are quite primitive (so no, there will be no terminator machine in foreseeable future), we can't feel safe - I think that "Eagle Eye" movie explains why (trailer). Of course, one may say "are You kidding? - it's only some stupid movie" - well, I would not be so sure, especially if we look at the latest news regarding network spying software used f.e. by NSA.

So in general I would say: It's better when simple machine is used by intelligent peoples rather than the opposite ;)
Odi profanum vulgus
tomazzi
 
Posts: 730
Joined: 2013-08-02 21:33

Re: AI Technology: Intelligent Debian

Postby vbrummond » 2013-08-28 18:05

I will be surprised and pleased if crazy self-aware robots take over the world within my life time. It is a work of fantasy.
Always on Debian Testing
vbrummond
 
Posts: 4468
Joined: 2010-03-02 01:42

Re: AI Technology: Intelligent Debian

Postby tomazzi » 2013-08-28 18:42

...me too, especially that I've used to work with industrial robots (KUKA mainly) - for sure they are harmless - in most cases at least ;)
But, remotely controlled drone aircrafts capable of launching missless are reality today - it's not a fantasy.

However manipulating of information is far more dangerous - it affects millions: "You See What I Want You to See" - and will only become more powerfull with the help of AI capable of selectively tracing everything and everyone - just like that "Eagle Eye" ...

regards.
Odi profanum vulgus
tomazzi
 
Posts: 730
Joined: 2013-08-02 21:33

Re: AI Technology: Intelligent Debian

Postby DominiqueM » 2013-09-01 17:06

The problem is not with AI and robots, but what they call Converging technologies for Improving Human Performance.

IBM's "Intelligent planet" is a part of this.

From the 2002 report:
"Technology will increasingly dominate the world, as population, resource exploitation, and potential social conflict grow. Therefore, the success of this convergent technologies priority area is essential to the future of humanity."


When they said "Technology will increasingly dominate the world", that imply those that control that technology will dominate the world.

"as population, resource exploitation, and potential social conflict grow" imply they are well aware of the main issue our society will have to face in the immediate furture: growing social conflicts due to the increase of pollution, world population and ressource exploitation.

Instead to cure the causes, they want to control the world whith these technologies. The ones that can access these technologies will have the monopole of ressource exploitation, and the other will be Untermenschen.

After stealing the rest of the world under the false pretext of bringing him civilization, they want to finish this stealing and take back the civilization. In one word, a complete rape of humanity.
DominiqueM
 
Posts: 40
Joined: 2013-08-30 10:08

Re: AI Technology: Intelligent Debian

Postby tomazzi » 2013-09-02 07:58

I agree with You, DominiqueM.
Everything started with abolition of gold parity - from that point it was possible to trade the money, breaking the fundamental rule of capitalism. Currently value of virtual money in banks is several times higher than the total value of everything on the Earth. That money is unusable - because by trying to use it, one will cause astronomical inflation. So, countries and world-wide corporations have to indicate a grow at all costs - to prevent the difference between virtual money value and total world's value from growing even more - paranoia.
In closed world it's impossible to grow without limits - so the grow is only virtual - e.g. sales are increased mainly in area of virtual services and thanks to intentional aging of physical products. For that reason ROHS directive was introduced - e.g. by removing lead from electronic devices (PbSn alloys were used to create junctions), their lifetime was reduces by factor of 5 at least, and what's "funny" - pollution is even higher this way, because millions of tons of damaged, crappy electronic devices are landing in trashcans each week. To recycle that garbage, hundreds of thousands tons of chemicals needs to be used - "to make world cleaner and more human friendly" - just another big lie.
It's impossible to recycle everything, so by aging the products, resources are wasted, and by wasting resources our civilization is bringing closer and faster to the moment were no resources are left.
When it happens, for sure we will turn into 2 class society - those, who control remains of technology, and "Untermenschen"...

I really hope that peoples will wake up before we go that far.

Regards.
Odi profanum vulgus
tomazzi
 
Posts: 730
Joined: 2013-08-02 21:33

Re: AI Technology: Intelligent Debian

Postby kolker » 2013-09-02 08:38

ai wise the idea is not to store new info via servers of ever expanding memory but to be able to make it synaptic,light,electic make it antimatter. it has no space and can expand infinitly.
User avatar
kolker
 
Posts: 81
Joined: 2013-08-22 07:16

Re: AI Technology: Intelligent Debian

Postby DominiqueM » 2013-09-02 12:05

tomazzi wrote:I agree with You, DominiqueM.
Everything started with abolition of gold parity


Gold parity was not even born when the first capitalists begun the colonization of the rest of the world. In fact, exploitation of man by man, and of nature by man existed long before capitalism. Capitalism and communism are just 2 different ways to do the same thing: exploit the Earth, our only source of life, to satisfy our needs, and from that, build a society where man is exploited by man.

It started with organized religions. Even the bible invented nothing, we can find the ground of that not only in the bible, but also in Confucius, long before the bible. All the organized religions share dogmas that give superstitious quaities to things, they all are good, bad, yin or yang.

From that, we can made a hierarchy between the gods, man and the rest of the creation. This is the moral justification of both the blind exploitation of nature by man and of the separation of the spirit and the flesh.

We can also made a second hierarchy between men, some are closer to the gods than other (religious version), or have more rights than other (democratic version), or are richer than other (capitalist version). The ground of all that bulshit is the first hierarchy, our relationship with nature.

The anthropologists bring the proof that our relationship with nature is the ground of the ontology of a society, and that it is as many forms of that relationship than forms of society. All that imply we must replace these superstitious dogmas by a scientific concept.

Earth is our only source of life because she give us air, water, food and all kinds of raw materials. And no technology will be able to change these simple facts. That imply the only scientific way to deal with Earth is to respect her. If we can do that, if we can stop adoring personal Gods, if we can stop adoring liberators, and instead start adoring Nature by just trying to understand it, all the rest will follow. If we can't, we will just continue to evolve for the worse.
DominiqueM
 
Posts: 40
Joined: 2013-08-30 10:08

Re: AI Technology: Intelligent Debian

Postby llivv » 2013-10-25 05:38

see:
IBM - server director
and
Solaris - predictive self healing

not full blown AI but ....
plus - law suits abound behind the scenes, don't they?
In memory of Ian Ashley Murdock (1973 - 2015) founder of the Debian project.
User avatar
llivv
 
Posts: 5484
Joined: 2007-02-14 18:10
Location: cold storage

Re: AI Technology: Intelligent Debian

Postby tomazzi » 2013-10-29 12:36

IBM Systems Director (+ links on page)
Solaris "self healing"

These are "just" advanced management tools which are disigned and specialised to work in dedicated environments - but it's not an AI.
Especially "self-healing" presented as ability to automatically restart hung application/service or automatically restore data from backup has nothing to do with AI. In fact, everyone can do this in a simple shell script ;)

Regards.
Odi profanum vulgus
tomazzi
 
Posts: 730
Joined: 2013-08-02 21:33

Re: AI Technology: Intelligent Debian

Postby llivv » 2013-11-09 17:32

tomazzi wrote:IBM Systems Director (+ links on page)
Solaris "self healing"
a simple shell script

OK,
if you say so. :wink:
And thanks for digging up those links ....
In memory of Ian Ashley Murdock (1973 - 2015) founder of the Debian project.
User avatar
llivv
 
Posts: 5484
Joined: 2007-02-14 18:10
Location: cold storage

Next

Return to Debian Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

fashionable