Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Building off of debian?

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
Yōkai

Building off of debian?

#1 Post by Yōkai »

Hi, I'm planning on building my own distro based off of Debian, seeing as a lot of the popular distros are based off Debian. My distro will, like my username, be called "Yōkai", the japanese name for anything paranormal. Where would I start on this? Also, if I posted this on the wrong board, sorry in advance.

andrew`

Re: Building off of debian?

#2 Post by andrew` »

Yōkai wrote:Hi, I'm planning on building my own distro based off of Debian, seeing as a lot of the popular distros are based off Debian.
Don't know much because I've never done it before. But maybe these will help:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian_Pure_Blend

Distros like gNewSense and Trisquel use their own scripts for creating Ubuntu-based distros (example). gNewSense 3.0 (Squeeze-based) will use their own debderiver script.