Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian for UEFI

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
Pelly

Debian for UEFI

#1 Post by Pelly »

Newer computers use UEFI instead of BIOS. Is there a plan for converting Debian into UEFI? I've seen that Ubuntu has made a solution for it.

Roel63

Re: Debian for UEFI

#2 Post by Roel63 »

Debian news at Wheezy Beta 3:

"Add EFI support for 64-bit PCs (amd64), allowing installation in EFI mode instead of using the legacy BIOS. This does not include any support for UEFI Secure Boot — that will come later"

So I guess what we need is patience :-)

Pelly

#3 Post by Pelly »

Wow! Wheezy will become final? I've read on DistroWatch that the RC of the new installer has been released.
The Wheezy installer is better than the Squeeze installer IMO (only if the Squeeze installer can do the same thing in expert mode as in Wheezy). I used expert mode on Wheezy and I've got a nearly complete system since I've set the mirror to get stuff from. With win32loader+Squeeze, I couldn't do a netinstall because I had a PPPOE connection. Can somebody do an expert install via win32-loader?

cr1ogen

#4 Post by cr1ogen »

I have installed Debian wheezy RC2 netinstall amd 64 in a MotherBoard Gigabyte Sniper M3 with Bios Uefi.
In the part of partition of disk manually, have the option to create a partition Efi.
and then to the end install the grub-efi-amd64.
Sorry for my english.
Regards from Argentina