Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian USB heaset

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
fabrixx

Debian USB heaset

#1 Post by fabrixx »

I need a good USB Headset.
There are problems with recognition in Debian Testing?
Could you advise a reliable product?

Debian4ever

Re: Debian USB heaset

#2 Post by Debian4ever »

Logitech headsets have a mixed history with linux but I have had success here and there, its more debian I would question as its hardware compatibility can be wonky depending on your setup.

Tadeas

#3 Post by Tadeas »

I was using USB headphones with success in Linux. But it didn't have any fancy features like 5.1 emulation and that require specific drivers and/or some application from the vendor. Just playing music through USB just works (you might need to switch to it manually in Pavucontrol or something).
Because let’s face it, the unfortunate aspect of software development is that it involves humans. Mewling, disorganized, miserably analog humans. Sometimes they smell bad.

Ardouos

#4 Post by Ardouos »

Logitech G930 works very well, I am very satisfied with it. You probably cannot use a lot of the features with the software that is meant to come with it, but it works... well.

Sorry I did not reply earlier, I did not have a logitech headset until recently.
There is only one Debian | Do not break Debian | Stability and Debian | Backports

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀

fabrixx

#5 Post by fabrixx »

But no problem with wireless?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Ardouos

Re:

#6 Post by Ardouos »

fabrixx wrote:But no problem with wireless?
I have not experienced any problems with it, so yes the wireless feature works very well.
There is only one Debian | Do not break Debian | Stability and Debian | Backports

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀