Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Gaming for kids ( system)

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
baddonkey75

Gaming for kids ( system)

#1 Post by baddonkey75 »

I have an idea, I want to create or compile a linux machine, laptop or console hack or pi like hardware. I have four nephews and thay are completeley fascinated with minecraft like most children, so naturally I wanted to get the oldest a raspi but with a fear of it getting broken before he could set it up and the fact thats its so tiny it would break against a wall with little to no pressure.

Im assuming the pi overheats (well with the length of time THEY would be playing) but i want as little hardware problems as possible and more games other than MC and maybe a great emulator for some 80s 90s classics to get them into appreciating games more you know like dk country and earthworm jim.

I know little to nothing of how to configure an os within an iso so im sure i would be no help to coding but it would be nice if i could send a tiny os gamemachine for the kids .

aplistir

Re: Gaming for kids ( system)

#2 Post by aplistir »

Why not just install normal version of debian and then just add the games you want?

You dont have to edit iso:s to do that.

PS. Dosbox can run almost all dos games inside Debian.

buzzqw

Re: Gaming for kids ( system)

#3 Post by buzzqw »

also dudulinux as live cd (or installed on virtualbox) is very nice

my sons (5, 6 years old) play well with gcompris

BHH
AutoMen,HDConvertToX developer
always back to Debian...