Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to avoid stealth installation of systemd?

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
buntunub

Re: How to avoid stealth installation of systemd?

#166 Post by buntunub »

Can someone help me out here? I read the thread topic and it says, "How to avoid stealth installation of systemd?". The last bunch of pages have nothing to do with that. This actually should have been a one page thread or less if we are talking about a technical issue. If this is another systemd rant thread, then I think the topic is very misleading and generally irritating to read through all this when I just want to know how to avoid stealth installation of systemd..

Ardouos

#167 Post by Ardouos »

There is only one Debian | Do not break Debian | Stability and Debian | Backports

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀

Linadian

#168 Post by Linadian »

Agreed, it would seem installing Jessie then blocking future systemd infestation will only cause problems because of DE/app dependencies. I read a quote recently, "Debian capitulated to systemd because they didn't have the resources (willing developers) to remove systemd tentacles from source packages and maintain their repos as such", seems to ring true to a degree.

Wheezy is the last non-Redhat version of Debian.
Linux Registered User 533946