Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian on the UMPC platform - possible?

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
stream303

Debian on the UMPC platform - possible?

#1 Post by stream303 »

I'm wondering if anyone has gotten Debian to run successfully on the UMPC (ultra-mobile-pc platform) including some sort of pen-input. Typically a 7-inch screen and hand-held capable.

A friend of mine loaned me his beloved Samsung Q1P and while he wasn't looking, I loaded up the requisite rat's nest of peripheral wiring and got the live version of Ubuntu 6.10 to run - albeit without any pen input, wireless or bluetooth. So close, yet so far. :)

I've seen a few sites regarding Linux on umpc, and am really interested in hearing your success stories - especially if they are Debian inspired!

For me, sucess means using it like a pen-driven input device, and not a remote box like a normal desktop or server - it has already shown that it is capable of that.