Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Iceweasel 31.2.0, YouTube HTML 5 player and buffering

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
Red Baron

Iceweasel 31.2.0, YouTube HTML 5 player and buffering

#1 Post by Red Baron »

Hi all! :)

One or two updates ago I started experiencing a strange buffering issue with YouTube's HTML5 player on my 64bit Debian Wheezy. This issue is still present in Iceweasel 31.2.0. It seems to be totally random and not related to the MIME type. The audio continues uninterrupted but the video stream itself starts skipping a lot of frames to a point where it looks more like a bad slide show. Changing the quality might fix the video issue or not. Also it does not seem to be related to the actualy quality that I have chosen - it happens on both 360p and 720p. When the issue occurs I get the spinning marker in the middle of the player's screen as if it is still buffering even though the full video has been successfully cached and - as I've mentioned - the audio stream is uninterrupted.

Has anyone experienced something like this? It doesn't happen that often but I do experience it at least 2-3 times a day.

Regards,
RB