Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

No need for Skype anymore

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
Bulkley

Re: No need for Skype anymore

#21 Post by Bulkley »

dotlj wrote:Firefox 36.0 has hello installed.
Both of our Windows boxes have Firefox 36 with Hello. The one with Win 8.1 runs Hello properly. The one with Win 7 won't run Hello properly. I notice that this is still beta so there must be bugs to sort out. Still, Hello is the first hopeful development in this stuff for a long time. Maybe, just maybe it will enable users to bypass all the proprietary nonsense wherein every user has to use the same tool.

levlaz

#22 Post by levlaz »

Wow this looks awesome, thanks so much for sharing!
Best,

Lev
Blog

sgosnell

#23 Post by sgosnell »

Nobody I know uses Skype any longer. We all use Google Hangouts. The quality is far superior, and you can conference up to 10 computers at once, with everyone hearing and seeing everyone else, all for free. Skype is a relic of the past. But I know there are many lost souls stuck in the mud of the past.
Take my advice, I'm not using it.