Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Combatting revisionist history

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
dasein

Re: Combatting revisionist history

#46 Post by dasein »

Yes, I "pretend" that a document that explicitly says "This renders Debian unusable for a majority of its users and should generally be avoided" expresses a negative sentiment. (Does that, y'know, surprise you?)

I can't help but notice that you've applied some very creative alterations to the data:
  • - Pretending that these data are nominal (a position I've already characterized as fundamentally dishonest, not to mention analytically nonsensical).

- Additionally, re-casting the word "avoid" as somehow "neutral," which requires a very... um... unconventional definition of the word "neutral." (And it requires an excruciatingly twisted Reality Distortion Field to claim that the word "avoid" somehow implies endorsement, as you have.) As I noted earlier in the thread, this kind of tortured word-butchery is extremely popular among systemd fanbois, from Poeterring on down. But that doesn't make it true.

- Not content merely to mangle language, whatever passes for arithmetic on your planet allows you to count "SHOULD not/MUST not/MAY" (213) as a pro-S/GIC vote. Wow.
But I'm the one misrepresenting these results?

(Though I do thank you for this exquisitely fine example of "backfire effect." You are quite literally trying to rewrite reality in a desperate attempt to "support" your position.)

And still nothing on that value prop. Color me stunned.

Ok then. No más discussing "methodology" with the intellectually dishonest and arithmetically challenged. No amount of data can penetrate a Reality Distortion Field so strong that a 213 vote looks even vaguely pro-S/GIC.

golinux

#47 Post by golinux »

dasein . . . I just had occasion to repost this link on the devuan ML in the hopes of quelling yet another long discussion about systemd. One of the participants wrote this in response.

And since I'm here . . . an FYI on Devuan adoption.
May the FORK be with you!

/tmp

#48 Post by /tmp »

As of right now I tolerate the existence of systemd because it does not violate the Four Freedoms. However, when it comes to the replacement of init with systemd, removing the foundation of a house in order to repaint that house is baffling. Is it worth it to set up or continue maintaining init based computers?
Bookworm | Intel I7-3667U | Apple Macbook Air 5,2 (Mid 2012) (Laptop) | 8 GB RAM | 3rd Gen Intel Core Graphics