Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Motif 2.0 - 2.2 with panner working nice, automake easy

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
slackguy

Motif 2.0 - 2.2 with panner working nice, automake easy

#1 Post by slackguy »

http://sourceforge.net/projects/motif250/

new non-virtual panner (old virtual one was removed before 2.1+ release)

NEW pan with keys (no panner)
NEW drag single windows

pans better than gnome grid panner ? far as i can remember yes.

%100 complete automake ./configure - ready to remake project (ie, running libtool does not break it) , and demos are not broken :) panner is also %100 optional. should be CDE compatible or is easily so. yes works with X virtual desktop too.

code was not mangled to add panner: no new files, just a new function placed back in, a few adjustments to panner.

but there's new motif? yes but motif 2.3.4 does not support 2.1.30 applications anymore (ie, perhaps and older ddd bin). for libXm.so.2.0 still need motif-2.2 around (especially if they continue to hack in (more) non-compat changes in Motif 2.3+)

Non-Virtual panner is a small function that would work with about any window manager ever made, if placed into a callback for that wm, and panner(1) is just a widget which is a UI for using it. is %99 X11, just has to listen to X for a message for panner calling, is all.

I could be wrong about new gnome still being stuck with full page only / grid panner.

Sure it's a greedy app plug however: I thought it's worth meantioning because

1) easy to compile Motif anyone needs that

2) non-virtual panner could be added to enhance any wm project pretty quick

3) non buggy, and size is not related to video memory - even less so than fvwm

4) xrandr like X11R6 Virtual i believe eats video memory and is limited by hardware (same code base), has no GUI i heard of yet , and many are dumping hardware problems getting it to work and or restricted to area. that is what i understand so far.

xrandr --panning 1600x1280 is still very small. 6000x4000 would be small for fvwm :)