Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian Wheezy may will become LTS

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
mardybear

Re: Debian Wheezy may will become LTS

#16 Post by mardybear »

Linadian wrote:
...ruined the best thing since sliced bread...
About a year ago i sounded like a diehard fanboy and thought i would be using Debian forever. Funny how fast things change...
As for my repetitive rants, maybe I have separation issues, lol. :P :lol: :roll: :lol:
Things are pretty quiet when you're not around!
800mhz, 512mb ram, dCore-jessie (Tiny Core with Debian Jessie packages) with BusyBox and Fluxbox.
Most don't have computer access, reuse or pay forward an old computer.

Linadian

#17 Post by Linadian »

mardybear wrote:
As for my repetitive rants, maybe I have separation issues, lol. :P :lol: :roll: :lol:
Things are pretty quiet when you're not around!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, I can be passionate about things that matter to me, or better put, used to matter to me. :?

I'm having a blast with my PCLOS/Salix setup, a solid everyday OS and a tinker OS, doesn't get any better than this. And wait for it, yup, no systemd, it's still possible, get your copies while you still can folks.
Linux Registered User 533946

buntunub

#18 Post by buntunub »

mardybear wrote: About a year ago i sounded like a diehard fanboy and thought i would be using Debian forever. Funny how fast things change...
Yep, same here. Well Debian. You were the gem in the rough and the true cornerstone of the Linux world for a while, but your day is done and sad that is for some, although MS seems to be pretty happy about the new Debian now, curious as that is.

http://openness.microsoft.com/blog/2015 ... linuxfest/

Head_on_a_Stick

#19 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

It's not curious at all -- Microsoft is attempting to (falsely) portray itself as "open source" in a desperate attempt to convince dumb-ass politicians to buy their products rather than invest in true FLOSS.

That's why they released mono...
deadbang