Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

The TC must be very proud . . .

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
golinux

The TC must be very proud . . .

#1 Post by golinux »

. . . of the door they have opened. Talk about a deal with the devil!

Join the Microsoft Openness team to celebrate Debian 8 at LinuxFest Northwest
May the FORK be with you!

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: The TC must be very proud . . .

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

The comments in that link are pure class...
deadbang

stevepusser

#3 Post by stevepusser »

Speaking of the devil, this must have happened.

Also, the cake is a lie!

If you believe MS, I'll also sell you some of this for a modest fee:

MX Linux packager and developer

tomazzi

#4 Post by tomazzi »

http://www.who.is/whois/http://openness ... -linuxfest

To be honest, I'm not sure how to interpret this...

Since when microshit celebrates a new version of Debian?

Apparently I have missed something...
Odi profanum vulgus

dasein

#5 Post by dasein »

[quote="tomazzi"]Since when microshit celebrates a new version of Debian?]/quote]
Ironic aside: the first Linux user I ever met "in the wild" worked for MSFT.

(Though he didn't use Debian.)

Absolutely true thing. I am not making it up.

Linadian

#6 Post by Linadian »

tomazzi wrote:To be honest, I'm not sure how to interpret this...

Since when microshit celebrates a new version of Debian?
Well now they have something in common, svchost.exe and systemd, they're bosom buddies now, lol, and yes, I had to go 'there'. :P

A scuzz-bag aggressive hostile corporation never changes its spots, this is the new tactic, instead of copy (plagiarize) other people's software (change it ever so slightly), fight in patent court when busted, then buy companies to swallow the competition whole and shut them up (permanently), now they push a trojan horse in to the castle, in the guise of friendliness ("openness"). After DECADES of MS shenanigans, I find it very hard to trust them. Deals with the devil never end well.

Pic courtesy of Monty Python's Holy Grrrrrrrrail...

Edit: Or maybe they want to use Linux developers like 'interns', that is after all, the latest trend, mega rich corps constantly seeking free labour.
Linux Registered User 533946

buntunub

#7 Post by buntunub »

The single most rediculous thing I have seen yet and a true taste of things to come from the project that calls itself Debian, but has lost all semblance of what Debian used to be about.

The Corporate influence is just dripping out of every pore now.

tomazzi

#8 Post by tomazzi »

buntunub wrote:The single most rediculous thing I have seen yet and a true taste of things to come from the project that calls itself Debian, but has lost all semblance of what Debian used to be about.

The Corporate influence is just dripping out of every pore now.
I did a little reconnaissance, and I think that the most probable explanation is: provocation - target:
Create a false picture of the situation, by suggesting that Debian is closely colaborating with micro-crap, what will obviously trigger anti-trust declarations from Debian users.
Reason: Debian is still huge player on the server market, and microshit is loosing market share with unbelievable speed.

Apparently, standard FUD methods have showed up to be inefficient in a long run...

How it works:
In the sugar-fueled session, Welcome Debian 8: Aptly Cloud Aptitude, Jose Miguel will discuss what’s new with Debian 8 and how the Microsoft Azure cloud can help bring Debian projects to hyperscale.
In fact, this "new method" is still a low quality FUD, and microshit haven't changed much during the last 20 years: they're still thinking that everyone besides them is stupid.
But in fact, it looks like they are unable to even develop innovative FUD, not to mention innovative software...

Regards.

PS. perhaps we need to define a new term for such moronic methods of attacks, cause FUD sounds too much intelligent.
Odi profanum vulgus

edbarx

#9 Post by edbarx »

Yet another corroborate! How many does one need to realise? :shock: :(
Debian == { > 30, 000 packages }; Debian != systemd
The worst infection of all, is a false sense of security!
It is hard to get away from CLI tools.

Linadian

#10 Post by Linadian »

edbarx wrote:Yet another corroborate! How many does one need to realise? :shock: :(
Yep, Debian has officially sold out, time to move on...at least until they smell the coffee and come back to normal reality. :roll:

twoflowers

#11 Post by twoflowers »

tomazzi wrote:Since when microshit celebrates a new version of Debian?
Oh just guess ... the one and only true svchost spinoff aka systemd did make it into debian stable?

PAP

#12 Post by PAP »

tomazzi wrote:Since when microshit celebrates a new version of Debian?
Apparently I have missed something...
They have every reason to celebrate since Debian is officially systemd-infected now. With such an "achievement", Debian will eventually be pretty much like Window$, including reboot to install a driver and many other fancy things we all loved in Micro$oft crappy products.
Of course they are celebrating.
Linux Salix 3.10.17 #2 SMP Fri Feb 14 16:45:28 CST 2014 x86_64
Last Debian used: Linux debian 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt9-3 (2015-04-23) x86_64 GNU/Linux

somebodyelse

#13 Post by somebodyelse »

Wow, the co-maintainer of XMMS now works for Microsoft. Seems the corruption has worked its way right to the top :roll:

This was an event organised by Microsoft, not the Debian project, and it has one co-maintainer of one non-essential Debian package involved. Don't play into their hands. Everywhere I look on forums now I see things like "Red$Hat" and criticism of Debian for selling out etc. Red Hat has been a totally supportive member of the Linux community over the years. Debian is using the same init system by default as many other distributions have done for years.

If you were to come up with a Microsoft shilling strategy, what would it look like? Would it look like Steve Ballmer doing Linux videos on YouTube or would it be people "just like you" gradually seeping in to your mind a sense of Debian selling out, Canonical and Red Hat looking for world domination, use openSUSE? If you think Microsoft has changed just because Nadella dresses like Steve Jobs, ask yourself this: Who hired Nadella?

Linadian

#14 Post by Linadian »

somebodyelse wrote:I see things like "Red$Hat"
I prefer Debhat, much more appropriate, or if you prefer, Redbuntian. :P