Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Heads up (pre-Jessie) server admins, read this

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
Linadian

Heads up (pre-Jessie) server admins, read this

#1 Post by Linadian »

For example, while systemd likes to say it's fully compatible with older init scripts, that's not completely true
and...
In my case, enough has gone wrong that I suggest you don't jump in immediately with both feet
http://arstechnica.com/information-tech ... ince-1993/
In fact, you can still run Jessie without systemd. All you need to do is use preseed to replace systemd with sysvinit at the end of the install (check out the Debian wiki for details). This method works well enough on the server, but don't try it with a desktop environment installed.
In other words, Debian could care less what home users think, but don't mind making headaches for server admins. :roll:
Linux Registered User 533946

reinob

Re: Heads up (pre-Jessie) server admins, read this

#2 Post by reinob »

Linadian wrote:In other words, Debian could care less what home users think, but don't mind making headaches for server admins. :roll:
It's not debian, it's the stuff you run on it. A server will not run a GNOME desktop nor other stuff that requires systemd-sysv.

I have one server with jessie and another with sid and none use systemd as pid 1.