Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Hi there!

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
Can-o-awesome

Hi there!

#1 Post by Can-o-awesome »

Hi, I am Can-o-awesome, a completely beginner newbie to GNU/Linux. I like programming and Linux.

Actually, I never used windows before in my life, so I don't know what windows is like, since all my life I've used other OSs like Mac OS and Unix.

My interests is Open-source software.

Please have patience with me, as I am new to the GNU/Linux scene and don't really know how it works.

Hi!

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Hi there!

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Hello!
:)
deadbang

somebodyelse

#3 Post by somebodyelse »

Patience, Jedi. In any case, it's all going to crap. Systemd, moan, grumble.

v&n

#4 Post by v&n »

Can-o-awesome wrote:Actually, I never used windows before in my life, so I don't know what windows is like, since all my life I've used other OSs like Mac OS and Unix.
....Please have patience with me, as I am new to the GNU/Linux scene and don't really know how it works.
Hi, and Welcome to the forums!

Coming from Unix/MAC OS world, you'll be much more comfortable with Linux than those who come from windows world. :)

@zephyr

#5 Post by @zephyr »

@can-o-awesome: Welcome, You are one lucky fellow not to have suffered through Window hell, welcome to Debian Linux and an excellent forum at the core of what is current and pertinent. This is a great place for answers, a lot of folks who are ready to help - zephyr
ZephyrLinux