Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian-8-KDE Amarok

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
vinnywright

Debian-8-KDE Amarok

#1 Post by vinnywright »

So I did a search on the forum for Amarok ,,,,,,,,,and did not see anything along the lines of what I am about to post ,,,and some may want to know,,,,,,, :)

I like KDE and Amarok ,,,,,,,but I was dismayed to see and hear that on my base/default install Amarok had no fade out on play/pause and the visualization would not work .

It turns out that it is the Phonon Multimedia Backend VLC or "phonon-backend-vlc" ,,,,,,, for Amarok to have this functionality you need the "phonon-backend-gstreamer" and the "gstreamer1.0-plugins-good" & "gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly"

then in system settings>Multimedia>Audio and Video settings>backend tab , select the Gstreamer plugin and click prefer to move it to the top of the list then click apply.

I know this seams a trivial thing ,,but if you like the fade out and visuals (actually I usually have ProjectM running full screen for visuals ) in Amarok you will need "phonon-backend-gstreamer"

VINNY
system76 Bonox8
i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
16GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

マーズ maazu

Re: Debian-8-KDE Amarok

#2 Post by マーズ maazu »

Hi there, just confirmed amarok + KDE does not do fade out by default.
I then installed your recommended plugins and libraries but they have no effect.
It seems amarok is dependent on VLC Phonon backend ONLY

マーズ maazu

#3 Post by マーズ maazu »

:oops: Forgot to reinstall amarok after all those libraries from bad to ugly are installed.
Now, amarok works with Phonon-Gstreamer backend!
マーズ maazu wrote:Hi there, just confirmed amarok + KDE does not do fade out by default.
I then installed your recommended plugins and libraries but they have no effect.
It seems amarok is dependent on VLC Phonon backend ONLY

vinnywright

#4 Post by vinnywright »

sory,,,,,,you do half to log out and back in for the backend change to take effect ,,,,, I'm sure their was a popup that stated this however when you make the change in the system settings KCM .

but I should have added it in my OP :roll: agin sory .

VINNY
system76 Bonox8
i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
16GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

vinnywright

#5 Post by vinnywright »

yes ,,,,,,hear it is ..........

after clicking "apply"

VINNY
system76 Bonox8