Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Systemd hands-on tutorial: reserve the date in your calendar

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
Sarge-in-charge

Systemd hands-on tutorial: reserve the date in your calendar

#1 Post by Sarge-in-charge »

Ok, so this is the occasion we systemd haters need to either reaffirm our beliefs, or to scrap them and learn to love the borg.

https://summit.debconf.org/debconf15/me ... -services/

"Your systemd tool box: dissecting and debugging boot and services" by Martin Pitt.
2015-08-21 18:00..19:00 in Amsterdam

systemd provides a range of tools to debug boot and shutdown problems, failing services, and optimize boot time. This "hands-on" talk introduces the most important use cases with some live demos and leaves time for answering questions about your favourite systemd related problems.

Speakers: Michael Biebl, Martin Pitt
It will be streamed live, and also archived for later viewing.

I'll be watching... I don't expect to be blown away, anyway. I shall prepare a bottle of white Portuguese wine to ease the pain.

spacex

Re: Systemd hands-on tutorial: reserve the date in your cale

#2 Post by spacex »

I'll join you. With a bottle of Captain Morgan Original Spiced Gold and some coke. That will ease any pain :)

buntunub

#3 Post by buntunub »

Sarge-in-charge wrote:Ok, so this is the occasion we systemd haters need to either reaffirm our beliefs, or to scrap them and learn to love the borg.
I don't see how this makes any difference to anything.. At all. Not even the price of tea in China.

Sarge-in-charge

#4 Post by Sarge-in-charge »

buntunub wrote:
Sarge-in-charge wrote:Ok, so this is the occasion we systemd haters need to either reaffirm our beliefs, or to scrap them and learn to love the borg.
I don't see how this makes any difference to anything.. At all. Not even the price of tea in China.
The Borg is here to stay. You will be assimilated. Just get used to it, the sooner the better.

Otherwise, you have FreeBSD on the other sidewalk...