Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Julian Assange: Debian Is Owned By The NSA

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
weedeater64

Julian Assange: Debian Is Owned By The NSA

#1 Post by weedeater64 »

Yet as an ex-cypherpunk and crypto software developer, as soon as I started using Linux years ago, I noted that all the major distributions used watered-down encryption (to use stronger encryption in many areas, such as AES-loop, you needed to compile your own kernel and go to great lengths to manually bypass barriers they put in place to the use of genuinely strong encryption). This told me then that those who controlled distributions were deeply in the pockets of intelligence networks. So it comes as no surprise to me that they jumped on board systemd when told to, despite the mock choice publicized to users – there was never any option.
https://igurublog.wordpress.com/2014/04 ... y-the-nsa/

golinux

Re: Julian Assange: Debian Is Owned By The NSA

#2 Post by golinux »

Such old news and discussed here many times before
May the FORK be with you!

GarryRicketson

#3 Post by GarryRicketson »

Who is "Julian Assange" ? Never heard of him. Blogger Gossip has never really interested me, but anyway this will entertain those that have nothing better to do.

dasein

#4 Post by dasein »

golinux wrote:Such old news and discussed here many times before
Not to mention absolutely not true. Assange made some general observations about weaknesses in cryptographic software, weaknesses that, from the moment of their discovery, have always been cited by the tinfoil-hat crowd as evidence for <insert some Nefarious Conspiracy Theory here>. But Assange made absolutely no statement about a(ny) distro being pwned by the NSA. Nor did he come anywhere close, and for anyone to claim otherwise is an egregious misrepresentation of the facts.

Please. Don't feel this troll. (Or any other.)

golinux

#5 Post by golinux »

GarryRicketson wrote:Who is "Julian Assange" ? Never heard of him. Blogger Gossip has never really interested me, but anyway this will entertain those that have nothing better to do.
You live under a rock? Ever heard of Wikileaks? Yeah, he's the guy responsible and is paying dearly for outing egregious behavior by the US gov and others. A real hero right up there with Snowden et al.
May the FORK be with you!