Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Systemd and Standard Bash Commands

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
makh

Systemd and Standard Bash Commands

#1 Post by makh »

Hello everyone. Just as an intermediate-level Linux user, my view:

With the passage of time, "systemd" is taking over the Bash's Old Standards even. Like:
1. date vs timedatectl
2. Shutdown vs systemctl shutdown
It would have been better if the original bash commands remained where they were and this systemd would be called or linked by the original bash.
Anyways like systemctl suspend saves a lot different techniques between the WMs and the Desktops. That seems a better option.

Such things seem to be less efficient, rather than making use of the newer technology or applications or features, and learning them for the benefit of FOSS, it seems linux is detrailing from Keep it simple and Efficient.

These points are not to be considered against the systemd. Though I liked the older more configurable linux. :)
ThinkPad E14: Arch, Debian Stable
GUI: Xfce

For new: Try MX Linux, Linux Mint; later join Debian Stable

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Systemd and Standard Bash Commands

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

As a UNIX user, I appreciate the cohesion that systemd is attempting to bring to the fragmented and incoherent GNU/Linux userspace.
:mrgreen:
deadbang

spacex

Re: Systemd and Standard Bash Commands

#3 Post by spacex »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:As a UNIX user, I appreciate the cohesion that systemd is attempting to bring to the fragmented and incoherent GNU/Linux userspace.
:mrgreen:
:lol: