Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Confused but happy; EDID problems and xorg fix

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
ticojohn

Confused but happy; EDID problems and xorg fix

#1 Post by ticojohn »

I had been having off and on monitor EDID problems for about six months. The system would read the EDID about 3 out of ten times. Originally I just used xrandr to set the resolution but decided to take a bigger step and learn a little about Xorg. I was finally able to create a file that I put in xorg.conf.d so as to set the monitor, device and screen. Seems to work great except for on thing. Since implementing the override file, the system has not once failed to also read the EDID information. Can't believe that the file is in any way affecting the systems ability to read the EDID but I really don't know. And I guess as long as it works I don't care. Just thought it all a bit strange. Not looking for any help regarding this but if anybody can shed some light on what may be happening I would love to hear what they have to say.
I am not irrational, I'm just quantum probabilistic.