Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

CUPS Question

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
zimbodel

CUPS Question

#1 Post by zimbodel »

This question relates to Debian and I guess any other Linux Distro.

Let's say I have two printers configured in CUPS PrinterX and PrinterY.

Is it possible to configure cups as such, that all documents printed to PrinterX from an application prints on PrinterY at all times.

Reason: (Not for discussion)
I use myxt.net and since Micro$oft bought it, you can only add one printer to the environment and some printers ( I want to print to) are not discovered by myxt.

tomazzi

Re: CUPS Question

#2 Post by tomazzi »

zimbodel wrote:This question relates to Debian and I guess any other Linux Distro.

Let's say I have two printers configured in CUPS PrinterX and PrinterY.

Is it possible to configure cups as such, that all documents printed to PrinterX from an application prints on PrinterY at all times.

Reason: (Not for discussion)
I use myxt.net and since Micro$oft bought it, you can only add one printer to the environment and some printers ( I want to print to) are not discovered by myxt.
AFAIN it's not possible, as CUPS is not supporting such stupid ideas directly. Perhaps some script can be used to implement such behavior - but even then - it would be just stupid: re-inventing the FAX technology in the era of e-mails ;)

Regards.

PS.
The websearch engine wasn't able to find anything related to "+myxt acquired by +microsoft".
You are trolling, or You're just doing Your job by advertising the myxt. <not reported as spam - yet>

Have a nice day ;)
Odi profanum vulgus

GarryRicketson

Re: CUPS Question

#3 Post by GarryRicketson »

by zimbodel » Reason: (Not for discussion)
Hmm, now if this is "Not for discussion" as the OP says, Why did they include it in
the post ?
by tomazzi » PS.
The websearch engine wasn't able to find anything related to "+myxt acquired by +microsoft".
You are trolling, or You're just doing Your job by advertising the myxt. <not reported as spam - yet>
Have a nice day ;)
That is because "microsoft" is not the owners of the domain
according to this:

http://whois.domaintools.com/myxt.net
Registrant Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 12808 Gran Bay Pkwy West
Registrant City: Jacksonville
Probably not spam, but I think the thread belongs in "off topic". That is not something
for me to decided and do.
I do not see how any of this relates to Debian, the myxt thing seems to be related to another thing call os33,
and some printers ( I want to print to) are not discovered by myxt.
If this myxt or os33 can "discover" your printers, I think that might be more of a issue
the OP should take up with them, and their support, it is not a Debian related problem at all.