Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Unable to browse network unless gnome is installed

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
Job

Unable to browse network unless gnome is installed

#1 Post by Job »

I am haven't a weird issue here. I started with a minimal installation with i3 but every time I tried browsing my local network I got this error:

Code: Select all

Sorry, could not display all the contents of “network:///”: Operation not supported

All gvfs variable are installed including gvfs-backends. So I installed gnome-core and I was able to browse the local network. I removed gnome-core and no more capability to browse the network. Do you guys have any idea? I searched for the solution on the net but nothing good.

Jessie on a Core Duo.

Cheers.
#aptitude install life
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Debian 12 - FreeBSD

Job

Re: Unable to browse network unless gnome is installed

#2 Post by Job »

Something is up with this local network browsing thing on Debian. I removed Debian and installed minimal Devuan beta with i3 just like I had with Jessie and local network browsing is a bliss :shock: .
#aptitude install life
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Debian 12 - FreeBSD