Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

About the next Mesa improvements

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
Danielsan

About the next Mesa improvements

#1 Post by Danielsan »

Hi guys,

there is something technical that I would love to ask you, if somebody of you read the Phoronix news probably read this article:

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page= ... Comparison

Basically the mesa driver are always closer to be fully opengl compliance, cool, however when I read these articles and the related comments the people seem more interested about videogames performance than others things. By my point of view is more interesting knowing if these improvement are able to permit to use the floss graphic drivers in Blender, FreeCad, Gimp and etc...

So my question is: are these improvements relevant (even in the future) for using only the open source driver against the closed ones?
I honestly recognize even though the closed ones are better in terms of performance are worst in terms general performance of Debian.

Please let me know your technical opinion, thanks!