Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian Stable and Debian Sid without chroot, smart!

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
Danielsan

Debian Stable and Debian Sid without chroot, smart!

#1 Post by Danielsan »

Hi guys, sorry for the misleading title, but casually I found this link which seems to me more magic than informatic...

https://l3net.wordpress.com/2014/10/23/ ... -firejail/

Anyway this guy affirms he can run from Debian software located in Ubuntu, I suppose we could do the same with Sid as well, so with the dual OS one can keep the stable version and meantime using updated software from SID (or Ubuntu). Lately with the introduction of the bundle software this workaround take lesser sense however I am not pretty sure that what happens in this post is feasible, for me still remain at level of sci-debian... :oops:

sgosnell

Re: Debian Stable and Debian Sid without chroot, smart!

#2 Post by sgosnell »

Yes, you can run almost anything in a chroot, including Sid in a Stable chroot. I regularly run Jessie in a ChromeOS chroot. It's not ideal, but it mostly works.
Take my advice, I'm not using it.