Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

keyboard inactive

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
Tigres

keyboard inactive

#1 Post by Tigres »

Hola ya tngo varios anos usando debian, pero ultimamene cuando antualic a debian 8, me tope con este error
Cuando trato de conctarme como root para autenticarme y escribir el password del sistema,es como si el teclado no funcionara, pero si funciona para otras actividades.
Me podria ayudar.

Hello I am using debian for 5 years, but when I updated to debian 8 and them I tried to log as a root for aunthenticate or insert the root password, or if I wanna change the watch, the keyboard does not work , but the keyboard yes work for other activities, can you help me?
Thanks

dotlj

Re: keyboard inactive

#2 Post by dotlj »

The problem may depend on the key mapping. If you are using a Spanish keyboard layout that maybe a problem.
Does your root password have any characters which require a Spanish keyboard layout?

Have you allowed root login? Some systems allow login as non root user only - it depends on how you set up the initial system.
I'm guessing that everything worked OK before you upgraded to Jessie.

Are you using a Desktop environment such as Gnome or KDE?

Tigres

#3 Post by Tigres »

Hello Thanks.
Indpendently, I have always used spanish keyboard but I did not have any problem related. Even when I installed debian8, I think the problem began when I installed KDE dsktop,I Think. When I tried to insert the root password, did not work, also on the X terminal (command window) seems like the keyboard does not work.
But when I use open office or other tools the keyboard works normally. The problem is that I must update the watch to have internet connction, without it I can not do anything.

emariz

#4 Post by emariz »

I am confused: Does the keyboard die when you try to enter the administrator password, or do you not see the characters when doing so? If the keyboard does not work at all, how do you cancel the password prompt? Just wait until the prompt times out? Close the terminal window? What if you are on a real terminal?

What happens when you enter the following command in the terminal?

Code: Select all

su -c 'ls -A /root'

Tigres

#5 Post by Tigres »

I resolve it a little, I tried to enter like Xfce enviroment, from there I tried to update gnome and not worked yet. But almost with Xfce works.