Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[sid] yeah, i broke it...

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
pylkko

Re: [sid] yeah, i broke it...

#16 Post by pylkko »

edbarx wrote: You are right about rudeness, but you should remember this dasein, is not impeccable... rudeness is in their blood.
I have to disagree there again. While I have witnessed dasein be "whitty" or "snarky" at times I have never seen her/him make inflammatory ad hominen attacks like that. Besides, why are you bringing this up? I never said that he is impeccable?? Is it supposed to be some kind of contest?
Of course DNA was not designed: it evolved, but that does not exclude it from using the laws of physics, mechanics and chemistry which happen to also be used in technology.
Yeah... he was talking about design and you brought up that gene analogy to "debunk" his claim. Since genes and DNA are not designed I really don't see why a norm of design should be affected by the existence of genes...
What I said about the DNA, is that there are protein coding genes that are redundant.
Sorry but the large consensus is that anything that is "conserved" is by definition not redundant, even if you don't know what it's function is.
In fact, as an organism, we humans, get two complete copies at conception. So, half of them are technically dormant unless they happen to be passed forward to the offspring from both parents.
Yes but there are good solid theories about the reasons why both asexual and sexual reproduction exist.
This clearly contradicts the quote posted by dasein. And yes, it is idealist to assume everything must be self contained and simple. Such idealism shows a detachment from reality which works and is very complex.
No it does no such thing. Although agree that if some one has the idea that things need to be really neat and self-contained it can be a political/cultural/personal preference and especially when we argue over how much of that we want or don't want. But then again, dasein was probably proposing his view as, well, his view. Don't you think?

edbarx

#17 Post by edbarx »

pylkko wrote:he was talking about design and you brought up that gene analogy to "debunk" his claim. Since genes and DNA are not designed I really don't see why a norm of design should be affected by the existence of genes...
I brought about the DNA because it works and is absolutely not simple. While I can understand your angry state of mind, please, do make an effort to understand what I wrote, instead of letting yourself to be fixated to contradict anything I wrote.

The way you are replying to me, gives the impression you are replying to an idiot, geeeez...
Debian == { > 30, 000 packages }; Debian != systemd
The worst infection of all, is a false sense of security!
It is hard to get away from CLI tools.

pylkko

#18 Post by pylkko »

Sorry, I didn't mean that.

Let's just say that LVM, for me, for example, already the simple fact that I have to remember more commands make it more complex and off-putting. This attitude might not be entirely rational, I admit.