Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

riseup.net

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
Hadzin

riseup.net

#1 Post by Hadzin »

Hello,I want create email account at this page but i need invitation :( Can someone help me please.
I'm trying use only freesoftware :)

Thorny

Re: riseup.net

#2 Post by Thorny »

Hadzin wrote:Hello,I want create email account at this page but i need invitation :( Can someone help me please.
"Request an email account
This form will step you through the process of creating a riseup.net account. Due to too many requests by spammers we are currently not able to process requests without invite codes. If you know two different riseup.net users, you can use the invite method, and your account will be created and be ready to use immediately. You should only request invites from people you know personally. Once you have completed this form, you cannot later go back and enter the invite codes. You need to get the codes before you fill out this form. To create codes, existing users can login to user.riseup.net and click 'Invites'."
--------

Since they state, "If you know two different riseup.net users, you can use the invite method, and your account will be created and be ready to use immediately. You should only request invites from people you know personally."

It seems they might only want like-minded people using the email that they offer.

You should probably try suscribing to their mailing lists and spend some time discussing things there until people feel that they know you well enough to offer the invitations you need. Even if someone here is from Seattle and a member, I doubt that they would give an invite unless they know you. I imagine you could have come to the same conclusion if you read the info at the site.