Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How do reportbug with GFW of China?

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
lbuiyzxl

How do reportbug with GFW of China?

#1 Post by lbuiyzxl »

I can request who help me report some bug on this forum?
I can't directly successful use 'reportbug' due GFW
I no hold an Email can bypass GFW in China,so what is suitable for me?
I'm sorry for my bad English skills
I'm don't want to be a nuisance.

orythem27

Re: How do reportbug with GFW of China?

#2 Post by orythem27 »

The debian bug tracking system is meant to be manipulated via E-mails only. The utility 'reportbug' is only there for your convenience, it's entirely feasible to interact with the Debian BTS using other E-mail clients, or even web mail, as long as the E-mails follow a specific format.

I don't think communication to submit@bugs.debian.org is actually blocked by the GFW, it's more due to generally poor international connection in China. To work around this, you can send E-mails to the BTS via some non-Chinese E-mail provider. e.g. Outlook, Yahoo!, Yandex, etc., so that delivery could be more or less guaranteed. 'reportbug' can be used to generate templates. Note that the E-mails must be sent in pure text format and not HTML.