Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Baudrate of DS18B20

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
dasein

Re: Baudrate of DS18B20

#1 Post by dasein »

Wonder if this is a new spammer trick? Take an old post from one board and copy it verbatim to another. (If it were legitimate human activity, one would expect at least some small difference between the posts. Here, even the errors are identical.)

If I still had a Purple Hammer, I'd be tempted to ban the OP and see if s/he complained. Might be worth trying

(Great catch, Wiz10k) :cool:

Bulkley

#2 Post by Bulkley »

dasein wrote:(Great catch, Wiz10k) :cool:
+1.

A lot of the posts here look like spammer tricks. (and school assignments)

GarryRicketson

#3 Post by GarryRicketson »

I feel it is best to let a mod or admin decide on this one.
To start with, unless the OP is actively posting repeatedly, we (purple hammer's) are not supposed to ban anyone,..
Unfortunately since there have been several replies, moving the post
to the "spam bin" is not a good option either. Besides that , the pdf doc linked to is not really spam, there is no advertisements, or sales promotions, it is just a pdf doc on the specs of the device.
I don't see any where that indicates the OP here is the same as the
one that posted on the other site, but it does strike me as odd that they
just copy/paste the post from the other site,...
A quick google on the user name :

Code: Select all

yamadanao614 
Hmm interesting,.... seems they have posted this on several forums, and
also have been submitted at SFS(StopForumSpam),... That is good enough for me, I will split this topic, and move the original post off the board, for
the admins, and mods to look at,...I think it is a spammer ,...
In any event, thanks for reporting it, and if the OP really is not a spammer, they should change their user name, the one they picked has
a very bad reputation. Probably this thread should be moved to "off topic" , or completely removed, that will be for a admin to decide.
Bulkley wrote:
dasein wrote:(Great catch, Wiz10k) :cool:
+1.

A lot of the posts here look like spammer tricks. (and school assignments)
Yes you are right, sometimes it is hard to say, and it can really offend the OP's if and when they are "accused", but they had no intention of appearing as a spammer or "home work".
A reminder to every one though, if and when a post is suspicious, pleas just use the report button, especially if you think it is spam :
DO NOT post a reply. If you feel the post is inappropriate in some way, the same, better to use the report option, comments accusing someone of posting spam, or just asking about a homework assignment can be offensive and just lead to a long thread of arguments,...
Forum guidelines. Please read before first post!
In this case, it was not so "obvious", that it is spam, at first---
So any way thanks for pointing this out:
wizard10000 wrote:Saw you'd asked this same question on stackexchange almost four years ago and it looks like you got it working then. There are a couple of answers there -

https://electronics.stackexchange.com/q ... of-ds18b20
4.Do not post a reply to obvious SPAM. If the forums are getting severely spammed and no moderators are online please use the spam reporting thread or send an e-mail to team@forums.debian.net

Now this post is way to long, but I felt the need to explain my actions.