Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian direct derivates vs Rebuilt derivates.

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
Wheelerof4te

Re: Debian direct derivates vs Rebuilt derivates.

#31 Post by Wheelerof4te »

Capitain_Jack wrote:I've been using Debian since the beginning, and derivations also
Tell me, which distro are you using now?

Capitain_Jack

#32 Post by Capitain_Jack »

Wheelerof4te wrote:
Capitain_Jack wrote:I've been using Debian since the beginning, and derivations also
Tell me, which distro are you using now?
Tell me you, If you are into this discussion, read posted before things...
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
Albert Einstein
"All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?"
Buddha

Wheelerof4te

#33 Post by Wheelerof4te »

Oh, i did. And now you sound like a true troll.
click

Bye.
Last edited by Wheelerof4te on 2017-12-16 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

GarryRicketson

#34 Post by GarryRicketson »

I have read,, this one and the other, I get the impression the OP is using
Sparky Linux, but wants to convince us it is not Sparky Linux, but it is Debian, but it isn't,
so it is not clear, I think it is Sparky Linux.

4D696B65
Site admin
Site admin

#35 Post by 4D696B65 »

Capitain_Jack wrote:
4D696B65 wrote:Umm yes? I deny help for things that I think are wrong. Even if Ubuntu said it was good.
You are into the "I'm pure" business...never read the derivation definition and the TWO types of derivation: DIRECT (using debian main packages) and REBUILT (from source, like Ubuntu), I am talking about direct derivations, witch in it's core is Debian (free and/or non-free, whenever it's flavor stable, testing or unstable), and normally, are only software repos.
Ok. So what is your point exactly? Clone a distro and change the name. That is wrong in my book but hey if it is licensed that way so be it. Maybe they tweaked a file in /ect or something.
Or take debians packages and recompile them so the are no longer binary compatible?

Either way, Why should we support over 100 distros at the Debian user forum?

Capitain_Jack

#36 Post by Capitain_Jack »

Wheelerof4te wrote:Oh, i did. And now you are sounding like a true troll.
click

Bye.
Am I? Why? you are rude by asking this man when I already mentioned a dozen times the distro I'm talking about, but not limited to.....
Albert Einstein
"All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?"
Buddha

Capitain_Jack

#37 Post by Capitain_Jack »

GarryRicketson wrote:I have read,, this one and the other, I get the impression the OP is using
Sparky Linux, but wants to convince us it is not Sparky Linux, but it is Debian, but it isn't,
so it is not clear, I think it is Sparky Linux.
No man, I do not want to convice you this or that distro is Debian (free or non-free), please, it is this type of spirit that I am addressing, it's not a fight.

When a derivation distro uses the core of Debian, on the Debian part (everything that came from debian repo), is not Debian? for me yes it is, if you debug a software, you begin from scratch or make the wrong part fixed? that's what this post is an invitation to, help on the Debian part always, of course knowing the distro is important, but maybe you can try help people also as first thing...

Sparky have software on it's repos, and uses Debian non-free as core. Of course is Sparky, no Debian, is a direct derivation and you, as all "pure debian" trolls, is trying to put words into my talking...
Albert Einstein
Buddha

Capitain_Jack

#38 Post by Capitain_Jack »

4D696B65 wrote:
Capitain_Jack wrote:
4D696B65 wrote:Umm yes? I deny help for things that I think are wrong. Even if Ubuntu said it was good.
You are into the "I'm pure" business...never read the derivation definition and the TWO types of derivation: DIRECT (using debian main packages) and REBUILT (from source, like Ubuntu), I am talking about direct derivations, witch in it's core is Debian (free and/or non-free, whenever it's flavor stable, testing or unstable), and normally, are only software repos.
Ok. So what is your point exactly? Clone a distro and change the name. That is wrong in my book but hey if it is licensed that way so be it. Maybe they tweaked a file in /ect or something.
Or take debians packages and recompile them so the are no longer binary compatible?

Either way, Why should we support over 100 distros at the Debian user forum?
No, I am trying to spread the real knowledge about derivation on debian, and why people can try to help if the distro is a direct derivation and you can clearly see that the problem is on debian related repos, this, by itself, can help the "pure debian" likers also, as can address quickly problems related to Debian packages (no matter witch version or flavor).
Albert Einstein
Buddha

bw123

#39 Post by bw123 »

Capitain_Jack wrote: Of course is Sparky, no Debian, is a direct derivation and you, as all "pure debian" trolls, is trying to put words into my talking...
You have offered no proof to your claim that direct is better than rebuilt. The topic isn't "pure" debian, you are saying that sparky is somehow different than other debian-based, and their repos are compatible. Where is the proof?
resigned by AI ChatGPT

Capitain_Jack

#40 Post by Capitain_Jack »

See, until now, very expirenced users tryied out to make a fight, not even reading what I meaning by saying that the core of a direct derivation is Debian (take out non-free and distro software, what is left?).
Albert Einstein
Buddha

Wheelerof4te

#41 Post by Wheelerof4te »

Capitain_Jack wrote:No, I am trying to spread the real knowledge about derivation on debian, and why people can try to help if the distro is a direct derivation and you can clearly see that the problem is on debian related repos, this, by itself, can help the "pure debian" likers also, as can address quickly problems related to Debian packages (no matter witch version or flavor).
That is, until you realise those derivatives have their own forum.

For the last time, direct Debian derivatives may have the same Debian core as "pure" Debian.
But at the same time, even Ubuntu has the same Debian core, so let's happily welcome all Ubuntu users here on Debian User Forums. Why those Ubuntu forums even exist? /sarcasm

Capitain_Jack

#42 Post by Capitain_Jack »

bw123 wrote:
Capitain_Jack wrote: Of course is Sparky, no Debian, is a direct derivation and you, as all "pure debian" trolls, is trying to put words into my talking...
You have offered no proof to your claim that direct is better than rebuilt. The topic isn't "pure" debian, you are saying that sparky is somehow different than other debian-based, and their repos are compatible. Where is the proof?
First: I did not claimed one is better than the other.

The proof? Please, read on my post, all of it, I've been using it for almost 2 years now, migrating from dual boot debian non-free/windows 7 and seeking easy of install and game interaction. Now guess what? Not only me but every single person that needs I disseminate it, and people love linux now, but I do not use micronothing at all and game all my games, including Diablo 3 and others.
Albert Einstein
Buddha

Capitain_Jack

#43 Post by Capitain_Jack »

Wheelerof4te wrote: For the last time, direct Debian derivatives may have the same Debian core as "pure" Debian.
But at the same time, even Ubuntu has the same Debian core, so let's happily welcome all Ubuntu users here on Debian User Forums. Why those Ubuntu forums even exist? /sarcasm
Thanks man, you showed how much knowledge you have on TWO types of derivation and what do that mean....not being sarcastic.
Albert Einstein
Buddha

Capitain_Jack

#44 Post by Capitain_Jack »

wizard10000 wrote:You know, Jack - I have a rule in my house. I don't allow guests to defecate on my carpet.

Some people think that's horribly unfair but it is my house and my rules; and I suggest the people who don't agree with my rules go visit someone who will let them defecate on their carpet. You can argue all you want to about my decision not to allow guests to defecate on my carpet, but it's pretty unlikely you'll get me to change my rule.

If this house doesn't meet your needs perhaps the thing to do would be to find a house that does meet your needs or build one yourself :)
What u talking about? didn't got your thinking...can please be more clear?
Albert Einstein
Buddha

4D696B65
Site admin
Site admin

#45 Post by 4D696B65 »

Capitain_Jack wrote: No, I am trying to spread the real knowledge about derivation on debian, and why people can try to help if the distro is a direct derivation and you can clearly see that the problem is on debian related repos, this, by itself, can help the "pure debian" likers also, as can address quickly problems related to Debian packages (no matter witch version or flavor).
You are still asking for debian users to have inside knowledge of Sparky or whatever distro to make to make educated decisions. Do you really expect us to research 100 distros just to make you happy?

Capitain_Jack

#46 Post by Capitain_Jack »

4D696B65 wrote:
Capitain_Jack wrote: No, I am trying to spread the real knowledge about derivation on debian, and why people can try to help if the distro is a direct derivation and you can clearly see that the problem is on debian related repos, this, by itself, can help the "pure debian" likers also, as can address quickly problems related to Debian packages (no matter witch version or flavor).
You are still asking for debian users to have inside knowledge of Sparky or whatever distro to make to make educated decisions. Do you really expect us to research 100 distros just to make you happy?
Am I? or I am talking about one specific type of derivation? am I asking what here?? I opened a discution about TWO TYPES OF DERIVATION over Debian, witch is a general Debian discussion right??

I expect users to be more polite on trying to focus on help instead of "I don't support derivations" mind.
Albert Einstein
Buddha

bw123

#47 Post by bw123 »

Capitain_Jack wrote:[
The proof? Please, read on my post, all of it, I've been using it for almost 2 years now, migrating from dual boot debian non-free/windows 7 and seeking easy of install and game interaction. Now guess what? Not only me but every single person that needs I disseminate it, and people love linux now, but I do not use micronothing at all and game all my games, including Diablo 3 and others.
I know you must be real proud, but really.. you ran linux for a few years, and you got some games working, so what?
resigned by AI ChatGPT

Thorny

#48 Post by Thorny »

Captain_Jack

Does it suggest anything to you that, since you started this thread, there hasn't been anyone agreeing with you?

Capitain_Jack

#49 Post by Capitain_Jack »

Capitain_Jack wrote: I expect users to be more polite on trying to focus on help instead of "I don't support derivations" mind.
As stated before, an direct derivation have debian on its core, and most of them is just specific software/firmware only, so if a problem is on the debian part of that derivation, is interesting to have no frontiers on this.
If the problem is surely related to issues involving mistaken repos, like the post I mentioned before, you can still help by explaning the flavors and showing knowledge on the complete Debain universe, after all, is this a debian user forum or what?
Albert Einstein
Buddha

Capitain_Jack

#50 Post by Capitain_Jack »

Thorny wrote:Captain_Jack

Does it suggest anything to you that, since you started this thread, there hasn't been anyone agreeing with you?
Yes man, and I am not saying nothing new, everything is there into docs...
Albert Einstein
Buddha