Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED]Making Debian more user-friendly

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
debiandonder

Re: [SOLVED]Making Debian more user-friendly

#46 Post by debiandonder »

stevepusser wrote:That Apache is a long ways from home if he's in a tipi. Maybe just visiting?
His definitely of the reservation! :lol:

Hallvor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#47 Post by Hallvor »

debiandonder wrote: Granted I think I have some hardware problem causing all the freezes, but Ubuntu is indented for idiots like me. It's idiot proof, right from the installation in the beginning.
Whatever floats your boat. I started out with Ubuntu myself, but grew tired of bugs. They weren't "user friendly" at all. :)
[HowTo] Install and configure Debian bookworm
Debian 12 | KDE Plasma | ThinkPad T440s | 4 × Intel® Core™ i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz | 12 GiB RAM | Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 4400 | 1 TB SSD

sgage

#48 Post by sgage »

[qu="Hallvor"][quote="d
Granted I think I have some hardware problem causing all the freezes, but Ubuntu is indented for idiots like me. It's idiot proof, right from the installation in the beginning.
[/quote]

Whatever floats your boat. I started out with Ubuntu myself, but grew tired of bugs. They weren't "user friendly" at all. :)[/quote]

Yes, this. Buggy unstable systems are not 'user friendly'. I started with Debian back in the late 90's. When Ubuntu came along, I thought "cool, Debian with shinier newer software". But it was always kind of not quite there, always a work in progress, always just a bit sloppy. The whole GnomeShell then Unity thing caused me to jump ship, and I came back to straight up Debian. Buggy, unstable, sloppy software is not 'user friendly', no matter how shiny and new the programs are, or how many options they take away from you, or the happy GUI settings programs. BUT...

Whatever floats your boat. :)

debiandonder

#49 Post by debiandonder »

My boat lost a engine, namely my graphics card broke and I now have to rely in the AMD APU only, with very basic graphics.

I don't care for the pretty KDE look anymore, it's pretty but to slow on my system.

I installed Lubuntu 18.04. It was so easy, but I resisted the urge to suck my thumb.