Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

What i dislike most about KDE. (Delete this one please)

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
Chiefahol2

What i dislike most about KDE. (Delete this one please)

#1 Post by Chiefahol2 »

Tried it out recently, cool desktop.

One thing that is very annoying is FF and other gtk apps seem to get another bar on top. This is a big waste of space on my small screen. :(

Is any progress being made to bring the minimise/maximise/close buttons closer into the gtk apps?

Edit: Scrap that i'm a fool and GNOME has an even chunkier bar now i put them side by side. :mrgreen: My only issue with KDE5 on debian now is that it crashes all the time.
Edit2: Might have fixed Plasma crashing by clearing ~/.cache folder. (nope)
Edit3: KDE 5.12.4 is one of the buggiest pieces of software I've ever experienced. :( Crashes constantly.
Edit4: Chiefahol is a noob and his RAM was broken KDE5 is fine, end of story.

Mods please delete this #%!@show. :oops:
Last edited by Chiefahol2 on 2018-06-02 01:03, edited 9 times in total.

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What i dislike most about KDE.

#2 Post by sunrat »

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm using KDE Plasma 5 and Firefox just has address bar, tab bar and the KDE window decoration with close buttons etc.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

Wheelerof4te

#4 Post by Wheelerof4te »

Man, if that's your main issue with KDE, you would *LOVE* GNOME's titlebars :mrgreen:

Chiefahol2

#5 Post by Chiefahol2 »

Wheelerof4te wrote:Man, if that's your main issue with KDE, you would *LOVE* GNOME's titlebars :mrgreen:
Oww you're right now i look at them side by side. :mrgreen: I guess i just noticed the kde bar more because it's new.

A real criticism that i could have is that Plasma never lasts more then 12 hours on testing without crashing :oops: , it's definitely at risk of crashing when your doing any kind of large data transfer.

Edit: It was my RAM, mods please delete this terrible thread. :oops: