Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Thank you Debian Developers.

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
pmudebian

Thank you Debian Developers.

#1 Post by pmudebian »

Hi,
I was using a Debian based distribution earlier, but off late, there were a lot of stability issues. I removed it, and installed Debian 9.5 (Cinnamon DE). It's perfect.

The installation experience was way easier than I had thought. I was under the (false) impression that it's tough to install Debian, but that was totally untrue. It perfectly detected my windows partition and left it untouched.

As for the overall experience since past one week, It's stable and way way better than the other distribution I was using earlier. The documentation is excellent. The way Debian handles updates is simple and fantastic.

Big thank you to the Debian developer community.

fawkesjr

Re: Thank you Debian Developers.

#2 Post by fawkesjr »

I am new in the Debian world too. I was using Ubuntu 16.04 and was pretty satisfied with the distro, but I wanted something new. Now I am in love with Debian!! Everything works fine, I don't see any bugs, I have an old PC and everything runs smooth.

Thanks!!!

pmudebian

#3 Post by pmudebian »

Hi,

Added the backports repo to sources.list and now I have best of both worlds!!
Amazing stability with much newer software.
Now I'm on kernel 4.18 and Libreoffice 6.1.
Debian is rock solid, smooth, modern and just perfect. My distro hopping days are over!!

stevepusser

#4 Post by stevepusser »

Debian developers don't hang out here. This is a user's forum, and the developers use mailing lists. They probably will never see these posts. :?
MX Linux packager and developer

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#5 Post by None1975 »

There is a debian-devel mailing list. You can subscribe to it but I think it's a bad idea to express your thanks in this mailing list :)
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github