Is it just me...

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!

Re: Is it just me...

Postby edbarx » 2019-08-15 21:17

The 'everything is easy' mentality is a generational trend that can only intensify. Technology and advances in medicine will continue to condition people everything is as easy as pushing a button or taking a pill. This goes diametrically opposite to having to strive and sweat to get anything. So, most people will find it extremely boring to have to read a manual for a couple of commands. Their conditioning tells them they should find those commands in no time and those commands should work.

This is how I see it from a Skinnerian Conditioning perspective.
Debian == { > 30, 000 packages }; Debian != systemd
The worst infection of all, is a false sense of security!
It is hard to get away from CLI tools.
edbarx

Re: Is it just me...

Postby phenest » 2019-08-16 18:24

Is it just you? No. It's anyone who's been here long enough to see the same old questions being asked with the same lack of research.
I'm not sure if it's getting worse, but it certainly is getting repetitive with each new release.

I'm too kind to block someone (unless they make a personal remark), and am the sort to just give them a fish. If it solves their problem, what the hell. I hate seeing someone frustrated who might regress to Windows. They're here because they've seen the light and they need to be encouraged for fear they join the dark side.
ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D
phenest

Previous

Return to General Discussion