Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Hello everyone

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
brolly

Hello everyone

#1 Post by brolly »

I have been a Micro$oft slave for donkey's years. I was always forced to install things i didnt want. I was spied on without consent and i spent so many hours trying to secure my computer only to have Micro$oft install an update and undo all my hard work. Like any victim of abuse i just kept quiet and thought i'd get on with it. I took Linux for a spin over the years. I kinda liked it but the Micro$oft goons brainwashed me to believe that their ecosystem was best as they supported more software and hardware. I just kept quiet and had a secret affair with Linux in virtual machine until i decided to get a second laptop to spend time with her and learn more about her. My love for her grew over the years. Linux made me realised how much I was caught up in victim mentality. I final got the courage to stand up against Micro$oft and moved in with Linux...Guess who is now caged in a virtual machine now. Yup you guessed right, Micro$oft. Finally my former slave master. is the one stuck in a cage. I have never been happier in my life. No need to be forking out large sums of money on software. My only paid for software is VPN's for my laptops and phones. I enjoy having so much choice and i can do what is good for ME in Linux land. I can go on for ages but i would rather end it here by saying I AM FINALLY FREEEEEEE!!!!!

theblueplll

Re: Hello everyone

#2 Post by theblueplll »

Haha loved the way this was written.

golinux

#3 Post by golinux »

Everything in life is relative including the concept of "freedom". There are many unseen cages, including the ones we create for ourselves.
May the FORK be with you!

GarryRicketson

#4 Post by GarryRicketson »

Like mine, I live in this cage:
No microsoft here though. Image
===So any way Hello, and welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy the cage.
Hello and welcome to the forum

golinux

#5 Post by golinux »

Garry . . . I love your birds! Birds have been my favorite pets actually. :)
May the FORK be with you!

GarryRicketson

#6 Post by GarryRicketson »

Well thanks, I hate to see any birds shut up in a cage, and don't like it when I feel "locked in", I can go in and out as I wish, How ever, "the cage", if you want to call it that, serves a dual purpose, it keeps predators out, and I have several parrots that learned the hard way,
"freedom" may sound wonder full, but out side of the cage, it is a wild and unfriendly jungle/world, sorry if this is going off topic, but any way, I have several that do go out , with me, and then they follow me back in, they realize if they stay close to me, I will protect them from things like dogs, cats, other humans, etc,.... Awhile back Bryan got "spooked", and flew away, very far, he almost got killed by a dog, I did get him back and he was unharmed, he now learned his lesson, and stays closer to me,..
Getting back to the "I am finally free", thing, well it is good to break away from feeling like a slave to microsoft, and I don't want to POP any ones bubble, but, just like a small bird, that has been allowed to go out of a small cage, it sings "ya hoo, I am free", takes it a while to realize it still is closed in, inside a bigger cage then what it was in, but not really as free as it thinks it is. Any way, probably I should go lie down a while, getting very "dreamy", and not making much sense ,even to myself. The real cage is the physical world, we are bound by laws of physics and they can not be changed, so I am going to go lie down, and take a flight around the bigger cage, one that is so big, I have not yet found a boundary.
Last edited by GarryRicketson on 2019-07-12 20:33, edited 1 time in total.

Wheelerof4te

#7 Post by Wheelerof4te »

golinux wrote:Everything in life is relative including the concept of "freedom". There are many unseen cages, including the ones we create for ourselves.

Code: Select all

systemctl enable cage.service

brolly

#8 Post by brolly »

theblueplll wrote:Haha loved the way this was written.

brolly

#9 Post by brolly »

golinux wrote:Everything in life is relative including the concept of "freedom". There are many unseen cages, including the ones we create for ourselves.

Yup i agree

Head_on_a_Stick

#10 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

brolly wrote:I AM FINALLY FREEEEEEE!!!!!
Hegel wrote:To be free is nothing, to become free is everything.
You should probably read this:

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html

And try

# apt install vrms
vrms
deadbang

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#11 Post by None1975 »

GarryRicketson wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum
How are those photos with parrots bothered ... don't get crazy with parrots ... I don't like birds
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github

Head_on_a_Stick

#12 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Hey brolly, if you have a problem with the community here then just tell us, we can take it:

https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=51465

I was going to post there and explain that free speech is valued on these boards and how that includes the freedom to be a bit snotty but Eadwine locked it before I had the chance :mrgreen:
deadbang

GarryRicketson

#13 Post by GarryRicketson »

I find it interesting that instead of posting the details as you nicely requested:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... 10#p702610
Nobody was rude to them, arrochester did suggest a link, and some searches, but politley, and the OP did say it had not worked,..
So then they run off to the MX forums, and post this:
Is it just me?

Post by brolly » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:38 am
I visited the debian forums to ask a simple question. They made me feel like i was spoiling an elitist convention. I have to say they were not as tolerant and as nice as you guys. Has anyone had that experience in the debian forum?
And the mods over there look the thread, bravo.... No it is not just you Brolly, we get these kind of trolls every day, each forum has their own way of dealing with them though.
Hope you get the hint, based on the reaction of the mods over there, if you really do have a problem with Debian, please give the details as requested, H_O_A.S nicely asked for them, that indicates he was willing to try to help you.
You may be free form Microsoft, but you seem to still be in a cage,and it is one that you have made your self, be careful don't close the door and lock it, there might not be anyone around on the other side to help you later.
And I did say :
So did Bryan, I am sorry if that was not good enough to make you feel welcome, it was the stuff about cages :
.Guess who is now caged in a virtual machine now. Yup you guessed right, Micro$oft. Finally my former slave master. is the one stuck in a cage

I understand the feeling, we all are in cages in some way, again, my advice is to be careful and don't close and lock the door, you don't want your cage to become a trap.
As far as :"I don't like birds", well that is your problem , not mine, but just imagine what the world would be like with out them.Go to the local jail,or zoo and you will see, birds are not the only ones in cages :mrgreen:

theblueplll

#14 Post by theblueplll »

Yuck birds.

I won't get all that graphic but I just don't like them.

GarryRicketson

#15 Post by GarryRicketson »

That's ok, we understand

brolly

#16 Post by brolly »

GarryRicketson wrote:I find it interesting that instead of posting the details as you nicely requested:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... 10#p702610
Nobody was rude to them, arrochester did suggest a link, and some searches, but politley, and the OP did say it had not worked,..
So then they run off to the MX forums, and post this:
Is it just me?

Post by brolly » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:38 am
I visited the debian forums to ask a simple question. They made me feel like i was spoiling an elitist convention. I have to say they were not as tolerant and as nice as you guys. Has anyone had that experience in the debian forum?
And the mods over there look the thread, bravo.... No it is not just you Brolly, we get these kind of trolls every day, each forum has their own way of dealing with them though.
Hope you get the hint, based on the reaction of the mods over there, if you really do have a problem with Debian, please give the details as requested, H_O_A.S nicely asked for them, that indicates he was willing to try to help you.
You may be free form Microsoft, but you seem to still be in a cage,and it is one that you have made your self, be careful don't close the door and lock it, there might not be anyone around on the other side to help you later.
And I did say :
So did Bryan, I am sorry if that was not good enough to make you feel welcome, it was the stuff about cages :
.Guess who is now caged in a virtual machine now. Yup you guessed right, Micro$oft. Finally my former slave master. is the one stuck in a cage

I understand the feeling, we all are in cages in some way, again, my advice is to be careful and don't close and lock the door, you don't want your cage to become a trap.
As far as :"I don't like birds", well that is your problem , not mine, but just imagine what the world would be like with out them.Go to the local jail,or zoo and you will see, birds are not the only ones in cages :mrgreen:
I don't think expression of personal feelings is trolling in any way. :D

sgage

#17 Post by sgage »

Wheelerof4te wrote:

systemctl enable cage.service
Too funny! :lol: