y is garry not a spamhunter anymore?

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!

Re: y is garry not a spamhunter anymore?

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2019-07-27 10:45

neuraleskimo wrote:It also seems that people are using past-tense to talk about Garry?!

Don't worry, Garry is alive and well, he's still posting over at daemonforums.org
User avatar
Head_on_a_Stick
 
Posts: 10513
Joined: 2014-06-01 17:46
Location: /dev/chair

Re: y is garry not a spamhunter anymore?

Postby None1975 » 2019-07-29 17:03

Interesting thing. The man assigned to fight spammers behaves like a spammer himself. It's worth remembering his repetitive advices written on almost half a page ...
OS: Debian 10.1 Buster / WM: Xmonad
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files in github
User avatar
None1975
 
Posts: 935
Joined: 2015-11-29 18:23
Location: Lithuania, Vilnius

Re: y is garry not a spamhunter anymore?

Postby cuckooflew » 2019-07-29 20:04

What I see here on this forum, is mostly spam, based on what you say, everyone just keeps posting the same questions, and the same repetive answers. And then all the nonsense, and BS , really this forum is just a circus, I don't see how any one can take it seriously.
Sometimes it takes more the half a page to explain things, or just 1 simple link. I don't know who this gary guy was, but I think they made a good desicion , this forum is not worth the time.
Look at these 2 recent threads, not just this garry person, it is everyone just asking the same questions, and posting the same answers.
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=142914&start=15
==========
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=142951
And then idiots like this none, nobody, bash 1 person because they were repetitive,..???
My grand father knows all about everything:
…one flew east, one flew west,
One flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
cuckooflew
 
Posts: 47
Joined: 2018-05-10 19:34
Location: Some where out west

Re: y is garry not a spamhunter anymore?

Postby sickpig » 2019-07-30 03:19

cuckooflew wrote:What I see here on this forum, is mostly spam, based on what you say, everyone just keeps posting the same questions, and the same repetive answers. And then all the nonsense, and BS , really this forum is just a circus, I don't see how any one can take it seriously.
Sometimes it takes more the half a page to explain things, or just 1 simple link. I don't know who this gary guy was, but I think they made a good desicion , this forum is not worth the time.
Look at these 2 recent threads, not just this garry person, it is everyone just asking the same questions, and posting the same answers.
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=142914&start=15
==========
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=142951
And then idiots like this none, nobody, bash 1 person because they were repetitive,..???


I do not entirely agree with you. I have almost always had all of my questions answered correctly. This forum especially the howto section is full of excellent tips and solutions. I see there are lot of experts here who are willing to help noobs without demanding anything in return. I am sorry you had bad experience here, hope it changes for you.
User avatar
sickpig
 
Posts: 317
Joined: 2019-01-23 10:34

Re: y is garry not a spamhunter anymore?

Postby cuckooflew » 2019-07-30 13:22

It is not entirely a bad experience, rather entertaining like a circus, or the toy story movie. Yes there are several dedicated helpers that keep answering the same questions repetively and with patience, over and over. I guess now, there is no one really paying attention to what is spam, like here:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=142860&p=704412#p704080 Just look at the signature,
Re: Bluetooth connection not working.

Postby Mudge25 » 2019-07-27 05:56
Can u pls specify bluetooth version.Then only we can help u with it..So pls specify some more details
mywegmansconnect

And it is not even a very long post, it just copies the previous reply , when some one else also asked for the details on the software version. What is the point in having spam hunters ? Besides that removing spam is just another form of censor ship, and needs to be stopped.
My grand father knows all about everything:
…one flew east, one flew west,
One flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
cuckooflew
 
Posts: 47
Joined: 2018-05-10 19:34
Location: Some where out west

Re: y is garry not a spamhunter anymore?

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2019-07-30 14:51

cuckooflew wrote:like here:

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, please use the "Report" button next time.
User avatar
Head_on_a_Stick
 
Posts: 10513
Joined: 2014-06-01 17:46
Location: /dev/chair

Re: y is garry not a spamhunter anymore?

Postby cuckooflew » 2019-07-30 20:28

You are welcome, and ok I will use the report button in the future, I don't expect to be around here much though.
Oh, and this is really funny:
theblueplll wrote:
I'm sure some of us don't miss being talked down to and made to feel like we are mindless idiots.

The reason you feel like a mindless idiot is because that is what you are, so yea, since you can not comprehend anything, you feel like people are "talking you down", I really feel sorry for your mother, she must be really emabrassed about you.
My grand father knows all about everything:
…one flew east, one flew west,
One flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
cuckooflew
 
Posts: 47
Joined: 2018-05-10 19:34
Location: Some where out west

Re: y is garry not a spamhunter anymore?

Postby sunrat » 2019-07-30 22:31

cuckooflew wrote:You are welcome, and ok I will use the report button in the future, I don't expect to be around here much though.

That's a relief. 23 posts and you have complained or abused another poster in most of them. You seem to know a bit about Debian. If only you would use your knowledge for good instead of evil.


Oh, and this is really funny:
theblueplll wrote:
I'm sure some of us don't miss being talked down to and made to feel like we are mindless idiots.

The reason you feel like a mindless idiot is because that is what you are, so yea, since you can not comprehend anything, you feel like people are "talking you down", I really feel sorry for your mother, she must be really emabrassed about you.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!
User avatar
sunrat
 
Posts: 2828
Joined: 2006-08-29 09:12
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: y is garry not a spamhunter anymore?

Postby cuckooflew » 2019-07-30 23:49

Yea, I know what you mean, my grandfather said the same thing many times, before he went away, and he know everything. He said the same thing to a nuclear-physicist once, because they put all that knowledge to evil, you know, making bombs and things like that. Well , not all nuclear-physicists, but in this case the physicist was dedicated to that kind of research.
When someone is sure of self , then what others say does not make them fell "put down", but that is because they are not mindless idiots as well, and they know it, so they are sure of themselves, and they can comprehend that when some one tries to explain something , people that have minds and comrehend wisdom , and logic, realize that they can grow and gain more knowledge by reading or listening to some one else.
Clueless, mindless people can not grasp logic or wisdom, therefore all ways feel like everyone is trying to put them down. I do admit , I should not have said idiot, but actually it is what this person said about theirself,
theblueplll wrote:
I'm sure some of us don't miss being talked down to and made to feel like we are mindless idiots.

I am not sure what is meant by "we", who else, but any way any one that feeels like they are mindless, it is not because others say something, it is because they are the way they feel.
I suppose, in the eyes of the vampires, the vampire killer is evil, but in the eyes of those that do not like vampires, the vampire killer is good, so really What is good ? and What is evil ?
I don't know much about Debian, but yes , a little, if I share what I know with a intelligent , logical person, they appreciate it, and use what I share , if they can. But if I try to share what I know with a mindless person that is insecure about theirself, they can not appreciate the effort, and feel like I am putting them down. I don't consider it evil, to try to show someone or explain why they feel like a mindless idiot, if they want to stop feeling that way , they need to open their minds and eyes and realize they do not need to feel put down when some tries to help them, indeed , in reverse if and when someone takes the time to try to expain something, they should be gratefull and feel honored that someone took the time to try to teach them.
Sorry to disapoint you :
That's a relief.
but I am finding this circus rather entertaining , so might just stick around, but usually I do have other things to do.
P.S. Edited, Any way, I agree, I should make a effort to be nicer and help others, if I can. I will try to do that,
My grand father knows all about everything:
…one flew east, one flew west,
One flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
cuckooflew
 
Posts: 47
Joined: 2018-05-10 19:34
Location: Some where out west

Re: y is garry not a spamhunter anymore?

Postby sgage » 2019-07-30 23:53

cuckooflew wrote:You are welcome, and ok I will use the report button in the future, I don't expect to be around here much though.
Oh, and this is really funny:
theblueplll wrote:
I'm sure some of us don't miss being talked down to and made to feel like we are mindless idiots.

The reason you feel like a mindless idiot is because that is what you are, so yea, since you can not comprehend anything, you feel like people are "talking you down", I really feel sorry for your mother, she must be really emabrassed about you.


I'm curious - were you born a flaming asshole, or was it something you had to work at? In which case, you have succeeded marvelously.
sgage
 
Posts: 57
Joined: 2013-03-10 21:00

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

fashionable