Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Perfering an old stable version of Debian.

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
theblueplll

Re: Perfering an old stable version of Debian.

#16 Post by theblueplll »

Tekmon_Xonic wrote:@ theblueplll

Well basically when I have a hard drive or storage device that has multiple partitions on it, Windows 7 will only show one of the partitions. The rest are inaccessible. I've tried using the built in disc management utility, but it just throws an error when I try to activate the other partitions. Apparently this has been fixed in later versions of Windows...

But it's okay, I've got Debian 9 running on virtual box, and it's solved my issues using it. So it's all good. 8)
Umm if you are expecting windblows to find your ext4 paritions that is not going to happen and is not a problem or bug.

winblows has no clue what ext4 is nor how to read it

If that is what you are talking about anyway.
Last edited by theblueplll on 2019-07-31 19:43, edited 1 time in total.

cuckooflew

#17 Post by cuckooflew »

If that is what you are talking about anyway.
If your not sure what the OP is talking about, Why comment , when you don't even know what you are talking about ?

Probably would be more appropriate on a windows forum, but any way: Use a little search foo , instead of reading what the previous trollbot wrote.
Ext2Fsd

Ext2Fsd is a Windows file system driver for the Ext2, Ext3, and Ext4 file systems. It allows Windows to read Linux file systems natively, providing access to the file system via a drive letter that any program can access.

You can have Ext2Fsd launch at every boot or only open it when you need it. While you can theoretically enable support for writing to Linux partitions, I haven’t tested this. I’d be worried about this option, myself—a lot can go wrong. Read-only support is fine, though, and doesn’t carry a risk of messing anything up.
There are many sites that do explain how you can mount and read/write Ext2,3,4, etc partitions,...
Here is 1 :https://thelinuxcode.com/mount-linux-pa ... ws-10-8-7/
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!

Tekmon_Xonic

#18 Post by Tekmon_Xonic »

@ cuckooflew

Thanks for that link man! I really appreciate it! :D

theblueplll

#19 Post by theblueplll »

Well actually I DO and DID know what I was talking about since no one mentioned or asked about using other software to make it work and natively windows doesn't know what an ext4 partition even is.

Asking for clarification is not somehow not knowing what the op meant.

I don't know why you feel the need to follow me around the forums and run your mouth and act like you are some kind of superior being.

cuckooflew

#20 Post by cuckooflew »

Tekmon_Xonic wrote:@ cuckooflew

Thanks for that link man! I really appreciate it! :D
Your welcome
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!