Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to make Debian become front and back end web server 2020

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
dancesWithCycles

How to make Debian become front and back end web server 2020

#1 Post by dancesWithCycles »

Hi folks,
How are you doing?I set up Debian 10 from scratch and made it become a LAMP server because I need a server for two things:

FIRST: A server that is running front and back end for a new website that I am developing soon.

SECOND: A server to gather and storage movement data that is received from countless mobile smart devices.

Now, I thought a Debian based LAMP server might be a good start. But, how shall I go on? I have the gut feeling, there are countless ways to go on. I could try numerous frameworks for front and/or back end web development. I could also code my front end from scratch using HTML, CSS, JavaScript aso. I could even use different server for front and back end. What won't you suggest?

How would you design the interaction between mobile and server when you need to send movement data from mobile to store and process it on a server? Any hints?

As I am a embedded software engineer, I am right now quite overwhelmed of the possibilities and find it hard to choose a direction. Any clues on that topic?

Cheers!