Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Article] Must 'completely free' mean 'hard to install'?

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
Deb-fan

Re: [Article] Must 'completely free' mean 'hard to install'?

#31 Post by Deb-fan »

LMAO wetware = brain, ... nice. I was like what the hell is wetware, did they come out with something, should I google ? Then it hit me ... looks like my wetware is getting kinda buggy too. :P

Don't remember why but pretty much from the start took to prepartitioning with something like gparted live or whatever setting up for installs. So not overly sure about the installers partitioner. Can see how it could be confusing though. At least it's got a confirmation dialogue etc.

Also at some point switched to a no more than 3 installs at any given time rule. Which now it's down to one. Debian long since cured me of the distro-hop, may briefly revisit some distro's like Linux Mint occasionally but never for long. Tend to keep a testing partition for the purpose ready to go just in case.

When get to that step of doing an install, designating partitions, think it's definitely a good time to double check and look twice before pressing buttons. Have always done the manually guided thing, thought of the automagic install options makes me uneasy and my teeth sweat. :D
Most powerful FREE tech-support tool on the planet * HERE. *